Battery type

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dano

Reaction score
Anyone out there using a glass matt, or gel type battery, or is it best to have a wet cell type?

I have an Odyssey AGM also.

From what I hear (reed) these are very good long life batteries.

I did have a "off" brand AGM which up and shorted, DOA, no warning, nada. Good thing I was home.

The best thing about an AGM for me is no need to ever add water again, no acid spills or out the vent hose, and no corrosion at the terminals.
I would never go back to a "old" style battery.

So the AGM are wet cell types and then there are the gel cell types??? and only the gel cells can be installed in any position.. am I correct on that??? :?: :?: :?: :read:

Joep":g8kpabmf said:
So the AGM are wet cell types and then there are the gel cell types??? and only the gel cells can be installed in any position.. am I correct on that??? :?: :?: :?: :read:

Not quite.
An ultra simple explanation,
the gell cell is like a D Cell battery, no liquid.

An AGM has a liquid which is absorbed into a material.

Both can be installed in any position, even upside down, which comes in handy when you pop wheelies or do stoppies :smilie_happy:

Thanks much for all the good info, just confirms my thoughts on the 680, which I have in my other motorcycle that has been an outstanding performer so far.