Brake lines

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
Was thinking about changing out the old rubber brake line on the rear of my 82 Asspy and was seriously thinking of going with that flexable stainless steel line. So basically I'm looking for opinions on whether they are worth the money and do you get a firmer pedal with these types of brake lines .Can probably have my fix-it shop order me some, where might anyone that has changed to these got theirs from
Thanks in advance
Winger 82

I'm still using pretty much stock on my rear brakes, but if I ever upgrade the hoses would really consider the Goodridge Sniper II system. You buy the line, fittings, and collars separately then cut the line (small, teflon lined SS braid with jacket) to the length you need and assemble. I used it for the front upper on my Hunley build and really like it. Line is reasonable but the fittings are a bit high. Powersports Superstore as well as many others (also through Amazon) carry all imaginable fittings for it. There are Youtube videos on how to build the lines - no special tools required. the lines are smaller OD than throttle cables and really help clean up the look. Due to the small volume and strong jacket, it helps firm up the brakes.

I just spent 230.00 on all 4 lines from spiegler.seem like good quality.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk