Brake seal brand and source

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyb

Reaction score
I rebuilt the calipers on my 83 about 3 or 4 years ago. I took a look at them the other day and noticed that one the dust seals on the left is screwed up. It looks like it is poking out a bit. Does anyone know of an online source for genuine Honda rebuild kits so I don't have to order the parts separately? I can do that, I would just prefer not to? Or, can anyone recommend a non Honda kit that is quality?

I think I went with Sirius Consolidated inc last time and they sell K&L brand. It may be coincidence but I want to avoid that this time. Anybody used BrakeCrafter.com? I have a rebuild kit saved on my ebay watch list.

I received the brakecrafter kit and installed it yesterday. Everything went together without a problem and the only question left is whether or not they hold up over time. They claim to source everything from European and Japanese suppliers so hopefully it won't be junk. I can say that they were responsive to my questions, they shipped quickly and they shipped the right stuff. When I ordered from Sirius, they sent the wrong size seals for an 83 (with the the different caliper Pistons) and were jerks about it when I asked to fix the mistake. I just told them to take a hike and bought seals from The Honda dealer.

Sad so many companies disregard buyers importance today. I guess they don't need my money. Let us know how the brakecrafter stuff holds up.