carb conversion 76 gl 1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidy1969

Reaction score
Found a Carb conversion on ebay for $425.00 bucks. Think the guys name was Juan that is selling these kits. Does anybody have any input. New kit with intake rack and Carb???

Why would you spend $425 on his kit when you can have. A dual weber $100 + shipping. VW type 4 intake $50 + shipping. And two 1 1/4 OD handicap grab bars to use as runners. About $20 each. You'll have a much nicer setup for roughly half the price and a little work.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106324#p106324:3k4rgkfg said:
davidy1969 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:09 am[/url]":3k4rgkfg]
Found a Carb conversion on ebay for $425.00 bucks. Think the guys name was Juan that is selling these kits. Does anybody have any input. New kit with intake rack and Carb???
wasn't long ago that it was hard to find, or know what to believe as far as single carb conversions go

lotsa info on this site now for the diy ..er, but there is still some fiddlin involved, good topic to read up on before spending money, there are many options to consider

i think juan uses a single barrel carb, which is also an option for a diy setup, i've only seen auto chokes (for cold starts) good to go on those, cos they are smaller and fit easier

i'd say carb selection, as far as what's known to work, is easy and well known as far as a 2 barrel goes, and 90 bucks new

i'm still not aware of witch single barrel carb can match that, as far as one that is known to clearly stand out over all others, not to mention again the 90 bucks that prob most would say is on a way better carb, with tons of available supporting info

I actually have not read much about juan's kit by others running it but I believe it comes with a 1 barrel carb that in my opinion so far is a bit too large to tune properly.
When I say tune properly I mean for smooth running from idle to redline and still get over 40 mpg.