CB removal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not on an 83 Aspencade; there is just a small (2") hole for the headlight wiring in the fairing and mirrors/windshield cover no access panels...musta been assembled originally by very, VERY small hands.... :smilie_happy: [/quote]

Yeah that is true... got my years mixed... and they indeed used small hands to design... yours was assembled in the US... did you remove the pockets and or speakers? ... that might give you a slightly better angle on them... or use a pusher bar to start the loosening... try a 6 point socket that just fits over the "wings".. to start the process.. not heavy handed but may be able to get it moving..... use the corner for the measure not the flats...

There ae two little holes that lead to a phillips screw.
Be real careful as the threads are very thin and break easily. I use a 90 degree screwdriver.

art class 003.JPG

You can not see the broken threads I mentioned above. They are behind the blck hole.

Guys; thanks for the ideas :clapping:
Wilcoy - I'm not sure what that's a photo of (looks like a Standard); on my Aspencade the gauge panel is fitted to the inside of the fairing.
Omega - there are no speaker holes, just a small hole for the speaker wires.
Joe - yup, windshield, turn signals & pockets removed. Good idea about using a socket on a long extension..... think I'll try that today

I thought you were trying to take the speedometer off.
There are two screws on the bottom facing you and two screws at the top under neath the beasal. These four screws are facing you from the seat.

You do not need to take the frame off from the inside of the fairing to get the cluster of instruments off.