CGW Midwest MEET 2012 AUGUST

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still love the idea of a Canada run.....just having trouble fitting in the time. :crying:

I have spent some time in Montreal many moons ago and took a trip up to Mount Tremblant and we had a great time!

We need to nail down a date for my travel plans and others to plan the time off.

Going over it with my wife it looks good over the Labor day weekend for us so unless I hear that this is NOT a good weekend that's what we'll go with.

I'm still working on the map pointers and will have that done soon.

Just throwing this out there.
About 200 miles straight north of joes is a town called North Judson.
In north judson is a place call KERSTINGS WORLD OF MOTORCYCLES.
They have a great bike museum www.kerstingscycle.com
They are open friday and saterdays. Its is a great place,but not very big.Only takes about an hour with a guided tour.

Could this be a good ride to destination?Or a good meeting place?Or is it to far from joes?

Like I said,just throwing out an idea.

I have been to that one also.Just last summer to be exact,during Vintage Bike Days.
It to is an awsome museum,bigger than kerstings as jims is a private collection.

dan if your route takes you near wichita i can ride with ya fer awile maybe get the kanwings/wild rinos to ride as well.
could maybe go through thr flint hills sienic byway on yer way north

Russ

I've actually contemplated meeting up for this...Columbus OH would be a 13 hour ride for me, but who knows how much fun I'd have getting there? But my final decision would be hinged on whether or not I'm able to get new tires beforehand...Definitely going to keep this in mind though...A weekend away, alone with my thoughts...I could handle that. LOL

RckRagman":1rv629lp said:
I've actually contemplated meeting up for this...Columbus OH would be a 13 hour ride for me, but who knows how much fun I'd have getting there? But my final decision would be hinged on whether or not I'm able to get new tires beforehand...Definitely going to keep this in mind though...A weekend away, alone with my thoughts...I could handle that. LOL
Rick, if you consider going, I could meet you in Pennsylvania and ride with you to Ohio?

at our meeting this weekend, I was told that chapter g is going to be having another midnight ride this year. apparently it was successfull enough last year to continue.
should be the weekend of the 19th not sure how all this works out but just wanted to contribute.
I'm hoping to make it down to see joe and ride back this way (north) with anyone coming back this way.

Since Columbusd ohio has been mentioned aug31-Sept 2 I would like to see all the conversions to the alternator get together at this time to see how they all came out. Also to meet all you wonderful wingers on this site

mcgovern61":3eo65lhn said:
RckRagman":3eo65lhn said:
Rick, if you consider going, I could meet you in Pennsylvania and ride with you to Ohio?
Dan and I could meet you just inside the Ohio border probably. :beer: