Clock

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warnett

Reaction score
1982 Aspen. Radio dead. Clock does not light up. Fuse seems good but hard to tell which one it is. Question will the clock light up with a dead radio. Anyone have any experiance with this?

clock on the radio or a separate one? i don't have either but don't rely on the appearance of the fuse to say it's good. It could be a bad connection at the holders. Or I've had the fuse ends fall off when I removed them to check. Radio may have an inline fuse inside the fairing.

warnett":2r9b4v81 said:
1982 Aspen. Radio dead. Clock does not light up. Fuse seems good but hard to tell which one it is. Question will the clock light up with a dead radio. Anyone have any experiance with this?

ive got a whole system off an Aspencade that I parted out. I have it set up on the bench but was not able to get the radio powered up but I did get the clock working ok. I did not find the schematics very helpfull and am reluctant to apply power to where I think I need to for fear of causing damage. Guess next aspencade I scrap I will have to test it out before I start taking it apart

so how many wires to the clock and the color. Since your parting out. Any idea what would between the volt meter and clock

I will put it back together tomorrow and get back to you (its in a box now)

I have a feeling that if the radio is not getting power then the clock doesn't work. I wish I had the right owners manual. The one I have is for a 1983 Aspencade and my bike is a 1982 aspencade.

Thanks Dan. I always saw the manuals but could not get to them. Your post took me to them. Thanks. Looks like the only differance between the 82 and 83 is the 83 has digial instruments. The other thing I was wondering about is the radio on mine shows a mute control to the left of the volume control on the radio its self. Not the same as the book on the 82 and 83. I'll dig more for that answer.

We also have the radio and intercom manuals, might help though I don't know if we have them all.
gallery/album.php?album_id=1409

If you ever need to get to these manuals, at the top of every page is "Gallery Tech References"
Click that for a dropdown list. Not everything is there but I'm adding stuff all the time.