Corvair-Premium-Rebuilt-Wolf-Carburetors

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82a

Reaction score
dunno what the story might be on these carbs but haven't seen any info so jus puttin it up
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-Corvair-Reb ... 43c2798b5c
7f_1.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvair-Premium ... 2362286%26
Condition:
Remanufactured: A properly rebuilt automotive part. The item has been completely disassembled, cleaned, and examined ... Read moreabout the condition

Part Brand: Rochester

Surface Finish: Painted OEM or Replated OEM

Manufacturer Part Number: H and HV

Warranty: Yes

Interchange Part Number:
7025023/4, 7025225, 7026023/4 7028005

If you are tired of reading a lot of disclaimers attached to ebay auctions, you have finally found one where there are none. This is a set of 4 Rebuilt Premium Level World Famous Wolf Enterprises Corvair Carburetors. You get all FOUR for the final bid - one bid, four carbs, not eaches. You select the year and style of Rochester H (secondary) and HV (primary) 140 HP carbs to be built for your specific engine and driving style. You can have a standard set up of 2 primary and 2 secondary carbs or 4 primary carbs if you want to be able to adjust all of them. If you choose this option, you will get modified carbs for the secondary postion with the chokes removed and sealed. They will look almost like true secondaries except for a mixture needle and idle speed adjustment screw.

Your new carbs will flow better than stock, and will therefore be more responsive to tuning and engine demand. You should also get better gas mileage. They include the best gaskets and parts available and are set up and adjusted to eliminate most, if not all, synchronization procedures. Unlike others you can purchase, everything on these will be matched and correct for your engine, including idle emulsion and vent tubes, enrichment circuit jets, main metering jets, all air bleeds, and venturi clusters (there are 22 different ones). I am the only rebuilder providing NEW SS accelerator pump levers and NEW rods to take up ALL of the slop in your carb linkage system. (I have these manufactured by a small company just for me). All throttle levers are checked for wear before being plated in a nice yellow zinc coating. The carbs will have the correct .086" fuel inlet seats with Viton tipped inlet needles. The choke shaft cams, which are often found loose or bent, have been modified and re-plated for an accurate choke setting. All other suppliers seem to be using generic .101" fuel inlet seats (it's for some 2BBL Rochesters so it must be cheaper?) that will result in a rich setting (air pollution and waste of gas) regardless of your adjustments. There are also several proprietary improvements you will appreciate. I install new 18-8 Stainless Steel Fasteners. The carbs are recolored in OEM tones like the photo (yes, they really did look like this from the factory) and come with 8 base gaskets. All rubber and gasket parts that come in contact with gas are "ethanol resistant" as advertised by their suppliers.

Please write with any questions on applications or other options such as are found on my Performance Carburetors (as I can offer an upgrade for just a little more, and you can choose just to have the primaries upgraded). I include instructions and tips for an easy installation. It usually only takes about 2 to 3 days to ship after payment is received, depending on my order volume, and I try to ship earlier and a.s.a.p. There are just too many differences between years and styles to build too far ahead, and I test them during building and before shipping. If you want to send some rebuildable cores before or after receiving your new carbs, they are worth $100 off the final bid price. (They have to be 1964-1967 to get the full amount, but I will take others for slightly less - so check). You can reduce your price by about $20-$25 for each extra carb you have if you would like to trade in some extras from a stash.

If you order elsewhere, you will probably get something "off the shelf" that might work, but not as good as the correct ones.. I know, because I am sometimes asked to repair other sellers' carbs for unsuspecting buyers when they can't get a refund. (You might be shocked to learn that some others reuse the old fasteners, paint the old shafts, don't remove throttle or choke plates, and use incorrect parts from just about any year they have in stock; so ask good questions where ever you decide to buy). If you buy some carbs that still have the stock shafts (over 40 years old), you can bet they ARE going to have an air leak. FWIW, there are over 100,000 different parts combinations for these years (I'm a high school math teacher by day), so be sure that your rebuilder is an expert on the differences. These are fully guaranteed to work better than new. If you are not happy for any reason, just send them back for a full refund.

Some common search mistakes are: carburator, rodchester, 1BBL, and spider). These will not work on the Spyder 150 and 180 HP Corsa engines, but I usually have that carb, which is a Carter YH, for sale in another auction. AND PLEASE, if you have any concerns about delivery time or anything at all, check with me before bidding. I do not post or share questions and answers on eBay for your privacy, so don't be afraid to ask. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for considering Wolf Enterprises, as we will be here to help you out when other part time Ebayers and carb rebuilders have disappeared.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Premium-Re ... 43c2b47cce
6694_1.JPG
Yes, the price is correct. No Tricks, just a good deal. If you are frustrated with reading the "fine print" and disclaimers in auctions about parts such as no refunds, sold as is, no warranty, not responsible for anything after you buy it, etc., then you have found the right auction. If you see an auction with "no returns", run away as fast as you can! I know this from some bad experiences with these types of sellers, as they are pretty much immune to bad feedback with the new rules from ebay.

This is a Premium Rebuilt Carter YH Side Draft by Wolf Enterprises Carburetor for 1962, 1963, and 1964 Corvair turbocharged Spyder engines that is rebuilt by the best and largest Corvair carburetor rebuilder in the world. You can find Wolf carbs on some of the most rare and famous Corvairs anywhere, as well as on thousands of dependable "daily drivers". The individual attention and highest possible quality is the same regardless of how the car is used. The winning bidder also gets Insured Priority Mail (1-3 days) anywhere in the USA. The carb is recolored in OEM style semi-gloss black carburetor paint and sealed with a high quality clear engine enamel. The best available new gaskets, seals, inlet seat/needle, pump springs, and Buna accelerator pump are used to bring it to good as new condition and make it ethanol resistant. The throttle shaft is replaced with new heavy duty chrome one and sealed for longevity. You get a new main metering jet and polished stainless steel fasteners for the bowl cover. The throttle lever and fuel inlet nut have been rechromed to enhance its appearance. A new SS choke heat shield is also installed so you won't have to worry about rust inside the choke housing (a common problem that occurs during warm up when condensation forms and eventually causes a sticky choke). Each carb is tested and set to specifications with the correct metering rod for your engine. I rebuild about 20-30 of these particular carbs each year (and I really did help with a book written on how to rebuild them - and all of the examples and pictures in it were my carbs), so you can be confident that it will be right. The auction photo is a representative sample of an actual ebay unit. Your complete rebuildable core can be traded in for an additional $40 discount, or you can deduct that from the bid price if you want to send it in advance, and/or prefer that I rebuild your original carburetor. Please write with any questions and I can reply with my telephone if you wish (please send your email in the note), as I am not allowed to list them here. I do not post your personal questions on ebay, so feel free to ask anything. Shipping is usually the next day after receipt of your payment or core. And, it is unconditionally guaranteed to work like it should. I also have this carburetor in the Corvette (much more expensive) and Nash (less expensive) versions listed.

I often get questions as to whether this carb can be used on a 1965 and 1966 Corsa turbocharged engine, and the answer is yes. It is about 1/8" smaller than the carbs for those engines, but less expensive, and I don't think you will ever know, as there are very few engines that can use all that the carb and turbo can provide unless modified. It is no problem to jet the carb for the later engines, which used different jets and rods and run a bit leaner, or you can go with the richer set up on the early models. Feedback from owners has always been positive on the modification.

At $139 each for one barrel carbs. I think it's a little pricy. Might be nice set up as a pair though.