Did a little passage cleaning on the dft proggressive

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pics
image.php

about everything was striped off this carb excep basic carb circuits ...no choke plates ...no epa stuff of anykind .......strait carb with mods that made it even more adjustable and strait carb ....

image.php

dose have accelerator pump...nice and works well...

image.php

linkage has been modified so secondary barrle comes in quicker ...more performance proggression than economy progression in linkage set up....

image.php

image.php

image.php

plug color nice and even ....bike runs well everywhere in rpm zone ...always starts good cold or hot never need choke ...color looks a bit darker in pics than it is sun was out plays games with camera i have ....all well carb back on bike and geen for test ride :thanks:

the modded dft on hooch has 5 complete circuits ..it there separated into gas and air ...thats 10 circuits total ...all of witch is set up with quite huge passages and no moving parts ...my favorite carb tool a baby shot sucker ....basically once a dft is understood cleaning is it best thing ,,,wont be long ill have mine set up to clean everything ...carb never comes off bike ...

V as for circuit that get used the most and will not run if cloged ...its the off idle circuit and the tree hole feed righy at the primary throttle plate line ,,throttle plates are pretty much the only moving parts on carb ....

bike is right back to running fantastic .....best induction system ive ever experienced ever so spot on and reliable ...and easy maintenance....

Color of the spark plug's, after combustion doesn't lie!!! :nea: They look great to me Joe, :yes: nice job :good: .

i agree denver plugs dont lie ...i always take them out as i used mechanical fuel pump on the hooch bike ...with the carb so much higher than stock carbs ..it almost always leaks gas back into tank .....with plugs out i can pump fuel to carb with least amount of energy.....and check plugs .....this turn into great system to know where i was at with carb ...plug checking is the tell all of everything ...you can ride a certain way as in off idle circuit only check plugs and see what that circuit is doing or just idle motor with fan to keep it cool check plugs or dive into throttle hard and down again and check plugs .....overall im well pleased using plugs as tell all...

one would have never thought given the discounts on single carbs ....and it reputation of not being good enough to beat stock set up...that in reality the progressive linkage air flow managers like the dft could be modded to be the best induction system a oldwing could ever have ...it is truly amazing how bad ass hooch is ....in all respects power reliability and great mpg .....now that im here i can see all the discounts of other systems ...as nothing comes close to the adjustability of the hooch dft set up ...ive seen nothing even close ...just the perfect system for this fantastic water cooled boxer motor ....

only discount i can give is ...when coming a stop gas can flood the emulsion tubes and cause slight idle problems after stropping for a few seconds ...only discount i havnt been able to get over ...dont get me wrong this is very slight problem and isnt worth much ...im used to it and presents no real problem .... :thanks: