Exhaust rusted through

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shierh

Reaction score
Well i found the right exhaust was rusted through at the bottom and cracking all the way around where is couples with Head pipe. 2 holes in the can part as well. I decided im going to fix it. Cut it off the head pipe and cut back all the rusted metal and went to auto parts store and bought several sizes of exhaust tube parts and will frankenstein it. I made cardboard template of the cone shaped outter shell and will transfer it to a large diameter tube i bought and make that part to cover it all up with . Now have to get all this to friends house to weld it up. Will post some repair photos as i go.

Here are a couple of photos. Just about done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 92
Built from inside out. Its done properly, Restored the bafel first then the connector pipe then the outer shell. I did the cutting and fitting, friend did the welding.

I cut it off the head pipe then cut back the layers to good metal. Used off the shelf exhaust parts to make the repairs, i made a cone shaped fitting for the outside. Its pretty nice job, I have not welded the muffler to head pipe yet. Had to put it on bike first then will ride it over to friends house and finish welding it up for perfect fit.