Fairing & driving lights - the missing links!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a vetter fairing either in really nice shape or one I can restore without having to learn fiberglass repair. (or plastic, whatever you know what I mean). No dice in about a month. I would like to try mounting a batwing - I saw a video on utube, but the brackets concerned me - anyone done this ? If I do it I will probably do a how to on it if there is interest in one. I'd also love to rig up some driving lights - 3 or 4" dia mounted on either side of the headlight - anyone done that without dropping $$$ on kuryakyn lights and mounts?

I know this may make my wing look kinda like a streetglide or something else from a distance, I don't care. With the hondaline bags and trunk as well as the flat 4 plant it's a wing through and through, this will just make it more badass. Here's what it looks like now:

525160_10151839421234616_61241385_n.jpg

I just got the trunk and have to wire it - I also have a detatchable windscreen on it right now 17"x19" so it's small but it does what it is supposed to. With adding the trunk I feel like a fairing is more appropriate.

Attachments

• 535735_10151839421319616_413052088_n.jpg
    535735_10151839421319616_413052088_n.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 237
everything here is basicly interested in ... first time I saw one done was scratches .. it was trunkless ..and the bags were fully done up in all extra light rails and stuff and then batwing on front it was just cool looking to the max ....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95620#p95620:3id86m7v said:
Omega Man » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 am[/url]":3id86m7v]
That bike was owned by one of our own members, sadly it is gone after a bad accident. Was it Pony Ruiz? I'm not sure but it WAS one of our guys. :cry:

~O~
That was "scratch99"'s bike.

viewtopic.php?p=9297#p9297

That exact bike is the one I found on YouTube and was the inspiration for the post I wrote last night about this. I really love what he did both with the lights and the fairing. The only thing I want to do different is how it is tied to the bars and forks, I'd love to come up with plans I could share that make it easy to put one of these together for anybody out of available parts that make it a good value as well as easily detachable. I'm working on sourcing things now and I'll put it all up if I can get it done so it looks good enough to do justice to the original vision scratch99 had.

And I gave away a Veter with bracket and a nice windshield a couple months ago! I plan to use miniature LED high-intensity lights for driving lights on the Hunley, but have really no plans to ride it after dark (too many tall woods rodents).

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95690#p95690:1qtapooy said:
pidjones » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:38 pm[/url]":1qtapooy]
And I gave away a Veter with bracket and a nice windshield a couple months ago! I plan to use miniature LED high-intensity lights for driving lights on the Hunley, but have really no plans to ride it after dark (too many tall woods rodents).

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Four legged forest rats. It is just about that time to be ever watchful for those things!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95568#p95568:1b4c9pd8 said:
chrisbags » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 pm[/url]":1b4c9pd8]
I've been looking for a vetter fairing either in really nice shape or one I can restore without having to learn fiberglass repair. (or plastic, whatever you know what I mean). No dice in about a month. I would like to try mounting a batwing - I saw a video on utube, but the brackets concerned me - anyone done this ? If I do it I will probably do a how to on it if there is interest in one. I'd also love to rig up some driving lights - 3 or 4" dia mounted on either side of the headlight - anyone done that without dropping $$$ on kuryakyn lights and mounts?

I know this may make my wing look kinda like a streetglide or something else from a distance, I don't care. With the hondaline bags and trunk as well as the flat 4 plant it's a wing through and through, this will just make it more badass. Here's what it looks like now:

I just got the trunk and have to wire it - I also have a detatchable windscreen on it right now 17"x19" so it's small but it does what it is supposed to. With adding the trunk I feel like a fairing is more appropriate.
file.php

file.php

I have a Hondaline fairing and lowers with windshield and brackets for $150.00 color is wineberry.

Hey Grizzly! - you're the man thanks for the note. Any idea what that weighs? I imagine shipping would be a bitch. I'd like to check it out though - can you give me a rough guess on weight? 30 pounds? 50? I'll look up estimated shipping costs. Michigan is beautiful country - I'd love to ride out there some time. Got any pics of your chopped wing in your gallery?

I just recently weighed my Vetter fairing with the radio and Honda mirrors attached and it weighed in at 37 lbs if that helps! (Don't ask)

(Pic for reference)

image.php

Just an FYI...I am in the process of making my bike a Standard again and I will be taking the Vetter fairing off. I am not able to part with it yet because I cannot afford the windshield (Plexifairing III or Slipstreamer S-00). I am copying this look:

image.php

That's a good look! I just ran out in the garage to take a pic of what Mad Maxine looks like with the windshield I put on and the trunk I just got mocked up on her. Bad pics sorry but it's similar to what you're copying...Looks awesome Gerry! Thanks for the info bud!!

photo.jpg

image.jpg

image%5B1%5D.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95952#p95952:iu3e7xwu said:
chrisbags » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:49 pm[/url]":iu3e7xwu]
Hey Grizzly! - you're the man thanks for the note. Any idea what that weighs? I imagine shipping would be a bitch. I'd like to check it out though - can you give me a rough guess on weight? 30 pounds? 50? I'll look up estimated shipping costs. Michigan is beautiful country - I'd love to ride out there some time. Got any pics of your chopped wing in your gallery?
=========================================
I'll get the stuff out soon and weigh it and all of the brackets and counter weight. My wing is veiwable by clicking this link.
https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingma ... ?g2_page=7