fan not coming on & temp gauge not working

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently had to replace my 7V regulator---when both the temp and fuel gauge are not working this is the culprit. These are available new at another Goldwing site for about $35.
Simba

Thanks for the help on the fan switch.... works great... I will pull the sensor , but I did not want to do it yet..have to remove radiator.. just got on the road.. thanks for your help.. yes the 7V regulator is the culprit.. I have found 2 plans to make a 7 volt regulator... both are under or around $5.. from radio shack..has anybody here tried them.. I am going to try 1 or both of them and document with photographs...for reference..

I have tried to upload 1 of the diagrams lets see..

Attachments

• make a 7 volt reg.jpg
    make a 7 volt reg.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 79
I have both of the plans to make your own 7 volt reg.. in one word doc. if anyone wants them...let me know..

crowhorse":3ks2uwak said:
I have both of the plans to make your own 7 volt reg.. in one word doc. if anyone wants them...let me know..
If you wouldn't mind emailing them to me then I'll post them both in the tech gallery for a permanent home.

I'll pm my email address to you to keep it from the spam bots.

crowhorse":1usn42wo said:
Thanks for the help on the fan switch.... works great... I will pull the sensor , but I did not want to do it yet..have to remove radiator.. just got on the road.. thanks for your help.. yes the 7V regulator is the culprit.. I have found 2 plans to make a 7 volt regulator... both are under or around $5.. from radio shack..has anybody here tried them.. I am going to try 1 or both of them and document with photographs...for reference..

Yes you can build one yourself for $5-10, spend hours researching, source parts at Radio Shack, etc
or bite the bullet and get one already made.

Just Saying..........

Simba

Hi other wings. out there ..Found some more info on making a 7 volt regulator.. like there is a 7807 which puts out 7 volts..where as the 7805 puts out 5 volts..still can be done with 7805 ....There is more I have compiled , more of them for us to choose from... I will try to upload.. ( I have added the new info onto the previous version)

Attachments

• 7 volt regulator make your own.1.0.doc
    1,011 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts