Faring Removal Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMonk

Reaction score
Do the wire harness connectors in the front left (and right) pocket simply pull apart or are there locking tabs on the connectors that I don't see? I'm removing the main fairing for paint. Between tight spaces, progressive lenses in my glasses and not great lighting, I can't get a good look...but I don't see any locking tabs. Also tough to get hands on either side of the connectors with limited space to work with. Good thing there's only one black connector in a vertical position and one white connector in a horizontal orientation...no radio, cb, antenna, etc. to deal with.

Thanks.

So are the locking tabs on the fairing/harness side or pocket/sub-harness side of the large connector that houses the several individual connector?

Thanks. I actually have better pics of the parts than those. Still don't see locks on the connectors; I'm only seeing guides so the pins don't get bent when installing.

I bought a sub-harness yesterday off eBay for nine bucks delivered so that I can hold it in my hand to get a look. Thanks again.

Sorry for the late update, I've had health issues but finally got into the fairing today. Removal was actually pretty easy and straightforward. I didn't bother removing the fairing mounting bracket/frame. So...for anyone (in the future) who may have the same question, my Interstate has two connectors - a large white and smaller black. Neither have locking tabs; the connectors simply pulled apart.