Filter change at every oil change?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:headscratch: Wait jest a dadblamed minut......yer s'posed to change the oil? AND filter? :headscratch:

Son-of-a- :sensored: ...why don't someone tell us these things? :rant:

:smilie_happy:
I been dealing with machinery with internal combustion engines since I was around 9-10 years old. If the erl gets changed, the filter does too....always has been, always will be, imo. If the filter is cleanable, and re-usable, it gets cleaned and re-used. If not, it gets replaced. It ain't rocket science.... :ahem: :hihihi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134067#p134067:3l85mfc0 said:
AApple » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm[/url]":3l85mfc0]
:headscratch: Wait jest a dadblamed minut......yer s'posed to change the oil? AND filter? :headscratch:

Son-of-a- :sensored: ...why don't someone tell us these things? :rant:

:smilie_happy:
I been dealing with machinery with internal combustion engines since I was around 9-10 years old. If the erl gets changed, the filter does too....always has been, always will be, imo. If the filter is cleanable, and re-usable, it gets cleaned and re-used. If not, it gets replaced. It ain't rocket science.... :ahem: :hihihi:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :salute:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134064#p134064:vf0gni6i said:
Andyb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:55 pm[/url]":vf0gni6i]
Am I reading that manual correctly? Change oil and filter at 8000 miles? So, if you change the filter every other time and change the oil at 3000, you are still beating the recommendation.
yes you are reading the manual correctly. my BMW sez every 6000 miles, the wing and Mighty ST1300 say over 8000 miles. I can't bring myself to run the wing or Mighty ST 1300 to 8000 mile befor changing the oil and filter so I get the job done every 5000 miles. I once had just over 6000 miles on the wing before changing the oil, I don't think the oil would have made another 2000 miles, shifting was horrable from the oil breaking down and the lifters were starting to make a little noise

Latest posts