Floorboard woes

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of scraping the foorboards on my 85 Aspy. In some hard/tight turns it will run out of turning ability or hit hard enough to make the bike want to stand up. Really smooth turns are fine and the bike handles beautifully, if there is a big dip or two...watch out. Shocks are in good condition and functioning properly. My 84 Standard with pegs will out lean the floorboards by far. I don't really feel any comfort advantage to the floorboards while cruising, but they have a huge downside while carving turns and somewhat clumsy shifting with H/T shifter. I've ridden with them for many years and have finally decided it's time for a change.

Scraping on right side rail....worst than the left side.

Damn near used up 1/2 the diameter of the rail...on more good hit and I'll find the center.

Hwy Boards scrape but are high enough to not cause a problem.

I guess it depends on the manufacturer too, I have markland all steel on mine and in tight turns I scrape but the part that scrapes is the bottom of the foot rest not the mount so when it does hit it lifts up the foot plate and doesn't hit the mount, your mounts seem to extend out further then mine do.
It always startles me when they do hit and is annoying but hopefully not dangerous..would like to have a set of stock ones on hand just to swap out and tell if I like them.