Forum quiet

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184255#p184255:1zcggd9y said:
detdrbuzzard » Today, 3:26 pm[/url]":1zcggd9y]
i'm going to get the wing in hibernation later this week and give the snowblowers their first start of the season. took the tintop to the dealer Saturday to look at a 2012 bmw r1200 gsa, it was ridden hard and put away wet so I passed on it
file.php
That must fly with a 1200 damn.

If the weather is decent this weekend maybe I'll go bike browsing at the dealers. Haven't done that in awhile.

I'm still waiting for the rings for my 1200 rebuild. RockAuto is running a trace on them.

Haven't worked on this project for the last couple of weeks because I was on a, church organized, pilgrimage to the holy land...Israel and Jordon. Very fascinating, many lasting memories. We were kept very busy with very little free time.

I took a ton of pictures with my iPhone but my phone died near the end of our trip and I cannot recover my pictures. I sent a couple of pictures of Petra to my cousin so here are those.

The gorge leading to Petra

Temple facade carved out of mountain

On a sort of motorcycle note, we saw lots of these electric bicycles in Jerusalem.

Thanks for looking
Brian

I have to figure out the best way to mount the 1100 rear caliper on the 1200 Swingarm and then I think I am ready to start sanding/painting the Tupperware. At some point, I need to decide what I am going to do with the toasted 1200 motor on the Standard. Finally, I need to start thinning out the pile of parts that I have laying around.

Quick note, I was just looking at hondarestoration.com and they have some NOS bearings for 1200 that looks to be a decent price, don't know what your 1200 may need, just FYI Brian.

I'm sitting in the Philippines trying not to sweat too much and offend the locals. I hope to be here until April. Looked at an India made Kawasaki badged bike today. A whopping 200ccs with three spark plugs??? It has good reviews. I can get a nine month old model for about $1500. Some report as much as 100mpg. And, if you're really skinny, it'll do the ton!

Did I mention a liter of rum here is $2?

Attachments

• IMG_0904.PNG
    IMG_0904.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184326#p184326:3jfe3pih said:
backlander » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 am[/url]":3jfe3pih]
Quick note, I was just looking at hondarestoration.com and they have some NOS bearings for 1200 that looks to be a decent price, don't know what your 1200 may need, just FYI Brian.

Not sure yet... I have to open it up to have a look-see, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184332#p184332:27xxhuy5 said:
ekvh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:17 pm[/url]":27xxhuy5]
I'm sitting in the Philippines trying not to sweat too much and offend the locals. I hope to be here until April. Looked at an India made Kawasaki badged bike today. A whopping 200ccs with three spark plugs??? It has good reviews. I can get a nine month old model for about $1500. Some report as much as 100mpg. And, if you're really skinny, it'll do the ton!

file.php
:good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184253#p184253:1u5jypu4 said:
backlander » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:10 pm[/url]":1u5jypu4]
I have gotten heavily involved with Honda wire harnesses and wire systems, trying to understand the what and whys of how they did the things they did.

Been there! It sure takes a while to figure it all out. I think I have a pretty good grip on it now, but do not wish the process on anyone else! :shock:

I was gearing up to start my next trailer project (liesurelite lite clone), but I got sidetracked by an '85 Winnebago. Always thought a goldwing would be cool, just thought it would be too big for me, I was wrong! Wife and I have talked about motor homing for years, now I'm redoing the interior to make it ours.

Hey Desertrefuge...would the clutch switch from a '78 cb750 interchange? I have an extra you can have. Take a picture and we can compare notes.

I am still gathering info and deciding just how I will do the alternator conversion on the 86 Aspencade. (I have gathered enough info to confuse my self). I did order a set of pulse generators this week as the ones in it are not good. I am also trying to complete some projects that are on-going on my house.. After the holiday season I hope to have some free time to make decisions and do the conversion. The Interstate is all tucked away for winter but ready to ride come spring. I will attempt to do some pictures of this project and also get some pics of the bikes posted as well..

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184332#p184332:1m0lqhjl said:
ekvh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:17 am[/url]":1m0lqhjl]

file.php
is that a standard ton / 100 mph or a metric ton 100kph :)

Standard ton. Checked out KTM 200 today. Vastly superior, efi, usd forks, and 4mm bigger forks, tube ladder frame, 45lbs lighter, a few more ponies and not quite double the price. C'mon conscience, let me do it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184367#p184367:3td8aafg said:
ekvh » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 am[/url]":3td8aafg]
Standard ton. Checked out KTM 200 today. Vastly superior, efi, usd forks, and 4mm bigger forks, tube ladder frame, 45lbs lighter, a few more ponies and not quite double the price. C'mon conscience, let me do it.

The roads must be better now, the last time I was in the Philippines, it was tough to find a road smooth enough to let you run a ton.

A couple of years ago I restored a 72 CB350 for a friend of mine and was pretty well pleased with how it came out

Here's how it started:

3_zps25392874.jpg

Finished bike:

100_1290_zpsaaab94f8.jpg

He put quite a bit of money into the rebuild and they put about 100 miles on it and it sat in a shed since. I got it back and I'm cleaning it up and making it purdy again with the intention of selling it for him. Not sure at this point how much to ask for it but I'm going to have to figure that out this week cause I'm about done. Gives me stuff to do. Have Gold Witch issues too but patience grasshopper.

Latest posts