Gas Mileage

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aslatk":37emt756 said:
Andyb":37emt756 said:
aslatk":37emt756 said:
I tried riding with high heels on. That first to second gear shift was difficult to say the least with my heel-toe shifter. Don't tell anyone :hihihi:

You guys ain't nothin'! Riding naked is the only way to go. :Egyptian: :shock: :smilie_happy:
At least leave the chaps on :nea:
:Doh2:

Was going to stay out of this one BUT you guys leave me no choice
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :thanks: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Winger 82":3awt0u32 said:
aslatk":3awt0u32 said:
Andyb":3awt0u32 said:
aslatk":3awt0u32 said:
I tried riding with high heels on. That first to second gear shift was difficult to say the least with my heel-toe shifter. Don't tell anyone :hihihi:

You guys ain't nothin'! Riding naked is the only way to go. :Egyptian: :shock: :smilie_happy:
At least leave the chaps on :nea:
:Doh2:

Was going to stay out of this one BUT you guys leave me no choice
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :thanks: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Sorry for getting off topic but glad you guys have a sense of humor. Hesitated about posting this headline I saw yesterday on the Comcast homepage: "Weiner got hacked" :shock: They were referring to Congressman Anthony Weiner of course. It just kind of reminded me of Loraina Bobbit. I'll say no more.
:swoon:

aslatk":2nqr62m1 said:
Sorry for getting off topic but glad you guys have a sense of humor. Hesitated about posting this headline I saw yesterday on the Comcast homepage: "Weiner got hacked" :shock: They were referring to Congressman Anthony Weiner of course. It just kind of reminded me of Loraina Bobbit. I'll say no more.
:swoon:
:smilie_happy: So true... :mrgreen:

Maybe someone pulled a fast one on you at the party and put some gas in your bike. Did you leave the key in it?

I had a friend who worked at a place where they would regularly put gas in another guys truck (when gas was cheaper). They did this because they knew he watched his mileage and they could barley contain themselves when he bragged it.

Retroyz":2q0jr8zz said:
Maybe someone pulled a fast one on you at the party and put some gas in your bike. Did you leave the key in it?

I had a friend who worked at a place where they would regularly put gas in another guys truck (when gas was cheaper). They did this because they knew he watched his mileage and they could barley contain themselves when he bragged it.
It's fun to do that a couple weeks then stop. Let him bragg a bit then go back to the dealer complaining. :smilie_happy:

Hi, :wave:

I have been getting 45 mpg with combo of city and hwy at different speeds usually about 60 to 70 mph hwy, pretty good will work on getting it better, just bought the Wing so will Sinc, the Carbs change oil and filter and see if that helps.

Really not bad considering my GS750L Suzuki only gets 35 mpg, and so Im happy with the Wing.

Frank
n5mdvcolorado52 :wave:
Aurora, Co.

P.S. for you who are not Ham Radio Operator's N5MDV is my Amateur Radio Call Sign ! :yes:

Hey all,

Well i'm sitting doing math trying to figure roughly the mileage you guys are getting. So for what i've gathered at 40 mpg you're getting 323 KM (200.7 miles) on a tank. Some of you have mentioned 45 mpg so that's around 360 KM (223.7 miles) per tank. So i'm guessing it's safe to say you all average between 330 to 350 KM (206 to 217 miles) per tank. As of right now, i'm averaging 250 km (155.3 miles)per tank. And this is only 1 up with nothing in the luggage. I know i need to sinc my carbs, but any suggestion as to were else to look at improving the mileage?

quennc":3v6mcpxm said:
Hey all,

Well i'm sitting doing math trying to figure roughly the mileage you guys are getting. So for what i've gathered at 40 mpg you're getting 323 KM (200.7 miles) on a tank. Some of you have mentioned 45 mpg so that's around 360 KM (223.7 miles) per tank. So i'm guessing it's safe to say you all average between 330 to 350 KM (206 to 217 miles) per tank. As of right now, i'm averaging 250 km (155.3 miles)per tank. And this is only 1 up with nothing in the luggage. I know i need to sinc my carbs, but any suggestion as to were else to look at improving the mileage?
Is that only 155 miles until you go to reserve or 155 miles total at empty? Around town, I get about 157 miles to reserve and then another 25-27 miles safely until I get to a gas station and that puts an average of 4.3 gallons of gas back in. The tank holds 5 gallons. So.....total miles is 184 miles divided by 4.3 gallons = 42.7 MPG average.

I just put overall average of what everyone put on here. Don't know if everyone else is including reserve or not. Right now my bike is sitting just above the red with only 210km(130.5 miles) on it. Haven't gone beyond the red as of yet. I just assumed i would get an additional 30 km on reserve. My old 84 gpz 750 which was a sport touring always gave me 310 km(192 miles) a tank prior to using the reserve and had a 18 litre tank on it. Now there can be so many things to explain why the mileage was better on that bike but i just assumed that these bike being a full touring bike would get better mileage. Maybe i'm wrong. Now my gauge might be reading wrong also and i might have more fuel in the bike. Will find out today because i'm heading back on the road with a little fuel tank to be safe and see how far she really goes with what's left in her.

It sounds like your using the fuel gauge to check mileage, not very accurate because the gauge might read wrong.

Better to fill it completely, write down the odometer miles, go ride a whole bunch, then fill it logging how many gallons go in.
Ride a whole bunch more and refill a couple times logging how much go juice goes in.
If you log the odometer miles each time it's filled it's easy division to calculate the mpg.
Most accurate average I've found to be after 3 tanks minimum.

Well i gassed up right at the red line. Only took 13.5 litres to fill it and i'm sure my reserve isn't 5.5 litres. Took it out all day today, So far put 105 km and the needle is at 3/4 full . Not much km's since the wife had to stop and see everything in every little town. Have another full day of riding tomorrow. Hopefully riding this time. Will have to see.

My last mileage check I filled up with .99 gallons and 65 miles on the trip meter. This is with a full bottle of seafoam in the fuel. Not sure why but I'll take what I can get.

I'm in barrie ontario. And ya the wife loves to look at everything imaginable. Was suppose to go out riding but looks like rain today and all day. Don't trust the rear tire in the rain so just going to stay home and relax.

Latest posts