GoldWing wut? o.O

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the disposable income, there would be an F6C in the garage, fo sho.

Problem is, an ex-wife with the requisite "spousal maintenance", a son at the University, a two-bike habit and an '83 Westfalia. Pretty much takes the wind out of a guy's sails.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110558#p110558:12sjk4zv said:
desertrefugee » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:33 pm[/url]":12sjk4zv]
If I had the disposable income, there would be an F6C in the garage, fo sho.

Problem is, an ex-wife with the requisite "spousal maintenance", a son at the University, a two-bike habit and an '83 Westfalia. Pretty much takes the wind out of a guy's sails.
I can relate to that and I'm extremely allergic to "payments". :smilie_happy: :head bang:

Dunno if I would want to own one, but would like to take a demo ride... that would be fun and I could experience the ride and not just looks... I also am highly allergic to payments.. I have a cafe and a Tahoe cage and 2 wings all paid for..

I like the looks, but I have to think that maintenance would be a major pain! That is the one reason I was looking at the 1500 Valkyrie over a Wing. I'm glad I got the 1200 instead.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110568#p110568:2ttz1oka said:
joedrum » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:39 am[/url]":2ttz1oka]
they look like transformers from kids cartoons ...I think there a joke ....

Heh, heh. Evolve, Joe, evolve. I love the old stuff, too. But there's room in my garage for the new - especially if looks, performance, reliability, wind and sky are involved.

well to me .. and I have had some close bikes ... its hard to beat the early oldwings ... and for sure if done right they are to me the best set up bike ever .. in today world there not over big have plenty of room and can be made more reliable than new bikes by far .. at least in the sense the owner bike can take care of ... who wants a bike that's takes a crew of japp techs to fix a nano partical circuit board that sidelines the bike for a week or so ...

also I have no want to buy something that cant even mechanically run without the nonotech crap ....to me this is all discounts and no advancement at all ... and for sure would rather have a bike that machaniclly competent ... they just completely not anymore ... worthless junk to me and obvious user unfriendly tech I would never pay for new ever...I would never support such products personally as they are built for the concerns of others let them buy it not me

..I'm glad i'm not trying to sell you anything Joe... :smilie_happy: ..nonotech crap.. :smilie_happy:
somebody will pay for them bikes to be serviced or repaired....i'll stick to my oldies too..but if your giving one away, i can ride it till it needs something... :Egyptian:

I'm pretty sure my '84 Aspy looked pretty intimidating under the skin to folks when it first came out. It's still got a lot of electrons flying back and forth under there. Of course, the nanotech came later...like on my '94 Vmax...

the first one looks like a cross between a BMW & Victory ..... and the second , likes like . . . Well..... I DON"T like it . :smilie_happy: