Harbor Freight

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toytender01":1gldmjje said:
Don't buy chissels from HF if you need to use them more then once they are too soft...don't ask me how I know unless you want me th ship you eight broken chissels (at your expence) :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
What are we talking about here, Wood chisels or Cold Chisels ?

scdmarx":s159muka said:
I got an aluminum floor jack for under a hundred dollars. 3 pumps and the tire is off the ground. About 5 pumps total. Light weight, too. Pretty cool. A couple of jack stands for a twenty dollar bill.

MAN! China must be a wonderful place! :good:
I gotta floor jack from there, works great.. The tire changer has be a wonderful tool and used all the time..Yes, I got the motorcycle attachment and it does good things too.. :clapping: Harbor freight is a hit or miss place, if someone goes into the store knowing there is cheap stuff or quailty then when it breaks it won't be a big disapointment...I do like the prices on some stuff...

Be very careful of the fuses you use. These were recalled and pulled off the shelf by HF a couple years ago, but apparently a bunch of them are still around, or restocked rejects from other sources. A lot of damage has been done, and is still being done due to cheap Chinese made fuses. They don't work like they are supposed to. Things are catching on fire. I have heard that one was tested by actually jumping it straight across the battery and the plastic melted while the fuse never blew.
This info is from a very reliable source and I just thought I'd pass the it along.

https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/fuse_sets.pdf

Hard to know what your getting these days, damn near impossible sometimes.

I bought a cold chisel from Home Depot, the tip broke off.

A friend bought a 2 pack of 18 volt Makita batteries, $120.
One went bad after a couple weeks, Home Cheapo didn't recognize the battery so they wouldn't take it back. Now he's out $60 on the bad battery.

At least at HF I think everyone that shops there is aware their stuff is cheaply made but HD is expected to be selling name brand stuff, not counterfeits.

Home despot is funny that way. My brother just went through a tool issue with them. First it was we don't sell them here. Then it was "out of warranty" and after my brother produced the receipt from buying it 3 days prior, it suddenly became "no longer available" and they gave him in store credit. I swear they teach the returns desk staff reject first and then fight every step of the way. As a last gasp resort, issue in store credit. On the funny side he went and found the cut off saw, got a cart and brought all 7 up to the return desk. They were 20 bucks more then when he bought them.

Kinda funny about tools around here....pretty much common knowledge in NJ Home Depot is not the place to buy reliable tools. Many of us around here still use Sears. Good selection, still some USA made stuff and the Craftsman warranty (which you still need I am sorry to say) but at least Sears honors thier tool return policy everytime. I do not know of any HF around here and Tractor Supply is just breaking into the NJ market. Lowes is established with some slightly better tools than HD.

My wife works for the local Home depot, their return policy here is incredibly lax, they took back an airconditioner last week that HD doesn't even sell.The list goes on....One guy returned an EMPTY box that was supposed to have 100' of 12-2 wire...they gave him cash..I guess my local HD really has a no hassle return policy!

I think it has a lot to do with the people that shop there. More and more people pull that crap they're going to get tougher just like here.
Years ago they didn't even require a receipt here.

detdrbuzzard":2qz988ho said:
stay away from harbor freight cause you'll leave with tools you didn't go there to buy

Nothing wrong with that, I like tools :good: :good: :good:
Tools, Tools and more tools :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

We call it , The Mall for Men....... :smilie_happy: It makes me happy to go there.. I like just looking at stuff... San Antonio has some huge flea markets... ohhhh man so good deals for guys that fix things...

littlebeaver":3e59mhwi said:
We call it , The Mall for Men....... :smilie_happy: It makes me happy to go there.. I like just looking at stuff... San Antonio has some huge flea markets... ohhhh man so good deals for guys that fix things...

If it was REALLY a mall, we would be able to try on every piece of equipment in the joint, purchase a car load of it, then return half of it for store credit, and exchange the other half for a larger size that we refused to buy on the first go round. But it's only a cheap tool outlet. Still fun to hang around for a couple hours, though. :lust:

i also don't buy anything with electric motor ,only if you buy extra warranty I've found them to burn up very quickly....i do find some of the socket sets work as well as some of the other brand name sock sets (lower priced sets)

Latest posts