Hard to handle when moving around by hand

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warnett

Reaction score
I thought maybe I was just to old but, my 26 year old son had a hard time moving bike around by hand. Any tips on this . Oh its an 82 Aspen

It just takes some getting used to since the bike weighs around 700 pounds approx. On hard surface it's not to bad but watch your footing when on grass or gravel. And run from pea gravel, it's slicker than deer guts on a doorknob.

They are tough to push and heavy to handle. Still I'd put it on the center stand and check for each wheel to turn free. You'll need to block up the front to get the front wheel off the ground.

Just had the same problem and found that the rear caliper arm was rubbing against the brake rotor. I think that the brake pad had seized up against the rotor, heating it up so much that it warped. Put the bike on the centre stand and feel how free the rear wheel is. Hope this helps.

warnett":poyicce6 said:
I thought maybe I was just to old but, my 26 year old son had a hard time moving bike around by hand. Any tips on this . Oh its an 82 Aspen
Mine is EASY to move by hand!! I just start it up and let out the clutch with my hand and it moves great! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

(Sorry.....had to do it! :hihihi: )

level ground ...hmm what a dream ....nope not one square inch of that stuff around me ...im either tring to move it ...dont happen without help or trying to stop it ......heck i havt to have help most of the time to get it off the centerstand :smilie_happy: :rant: :cheeky:

Thanks McGovern61 for the laugh it was funny. Thanks for all the replys and yes I think there may be some disk rubbing going on front and back. I think after thinking about it that trying to stand beside the bike and move it is not the best idea. Wheres one out keeping bike balanced.

Oh gravel . I had a KZ1000 with a wind jamer lither bike and I don't remember the back tire spining real easy. I would think that the GW being heiver would be harder to spin

I have learned something, when the tire pressure is low, it's twice as hard to roll the bike around my garage and it's a nice smooth slab.. Once I add air, it rolls much easier...

Yea Dan I thought about that the next day. When beside it your then trying to balance it while moving it. Wish I had longer legs.Thanks for the reply