Head gasket ???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
Think the ole 1100 Asspy blew a head gasket today, lots of white smoke started coming from the right tailpipe and she started running like crap, was only about 5 miles so was able to hobble her home without over heating, just wondering if anyone has any other diagnosis from the symptoms I have described. tried to pull the plugs out when i got home but they wouldn't budge , gonna let her cool down real good before I try again, was wondering if there were any video's on here about changing a head gasket out on an 82 1100

Thanks in advance
Winger 82

Sounds like you've nailed the diagnosis, anyway. Think of it as a Subaru flat-4 engine in an open frame and you'll do just fine. Come to think of it, there sure are a lot of coincidental similarities to the early Subaru 1.6 & 1.8. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some "borrowing" of designs back in the 70's, lol!

just watched a video on You tube and this looks way out of my comfort zone for sure , this isn't like changing the heads on my old 79 Jeep pickup, guess I'll be trying to get somebody that's familar with this and wont break the bank