Hello All...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lennecke

Reaction score
Just got my ID validated, so here's my first post:

Just got an '86 GL1200A in not running condition - rust in tank (and guessing carbs and pump). I'm looking for technical knowledge on these machines as my last Honda was a little 90 scrambler back in the late 60's or early 70 (don't really remember all that happened that long ago!).

My current rider is a '05 Victory Kingpin, and my wife rides a '04 Kawasaki Drifter of the 800CC statute.

Be chatting with you as time permits,

Lennecke

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area..... yeah pics and questions... I think has tank rust had been discussed before.. do a search then if not post your question. .. actually if you do find a posting or two you can start your own.. especially if you need clarification... you may be referred back to those posts also.. so the more info the better informed when you decide what to do..

OK - Second try at a few pics

Just got to new home:
20131213_140309.jpg

Up on the lift you go... (parts being removed, etc). BTW, the lift was a BD present from my wife Joanne a few years ago!!
20131220_083259.jpg

She turns over. Plugs out and - HAS SPARK! Next to do compression check, then try starting with aux. gas tank.
20131220_083409.jpg

Lennecke

From the appearance in the pics. It looks like it sat quite a while. Do not expect good compression. Rings often stick in the pistons from long sitting. They free and reseat after some running and compression returns. :eek:k: