Here is my flying Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griz

Reaction score
Howdy, From central west Michigan.
I am 59yrs and counting, and have been a motorcycle mechanic/heavy truck master certified mechanic since 1977. Recently got back in to bikes after a 24yr hiatis. Three weeks ago I bought a wrecked GL1100I that runs. Had no structural damage but the plastic was damaged. So being old school, I stripped it, and did a drop & chop. You can see photos of my 3 week build at
facebook Grizzly Old Hippie
Mods include: 1979 CB750 front and rear fenders.
1988 Valkry headlight
MAC headers
LED bullet turn sigs w/ running lights F&R
LED tail light/brake light
repaired & rebuilt wire harness
rebuilt brake system..eliminated the right front left rear brake system
rebuilt all 3 calipers, replaced rear rotor & brake pads
rebuilt the front forks & air ride system
replaced front & rear tires
repaired rear air shocks
lowered rear 3''
replaced seat with custom built Corbin solo seat
new seat height 25 in (unloaded)
New handle bars yet to come
Thanks for letting me join.
Griz.

Omega Man":11vbawul said:
Welcome to the forums. Most here don't facebook, could you post some pictures here?

~O~

:good: Welcome to the forums :good:
:music: I bet most everybody has a facebook page ! :music:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, griz!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Welcome to the CGW Forum!

3 weeks? :shock: I'll pay for the gas, lodging and food if you buzz over to help me finish mine! :mrgreen:

Bet it goes like a raped ape, too, given your skill level. Well done, young man!

Welcome from another fellow West Michiganer.
I am not far from you in Hamilton,30 miles SW of Grand Rapids.

Great looking bike.When the days are longer again you will have to try to catch one of the Vintage Rice get togethers at the Hudsonville Burger King.We are still meeting every thursday at 6:30pm but it breaks up about 8:00 this time of year.May not be worth your time for the 45 minute ride,but then again one guy still rides down from ceder.

Another great bike gathering is sunday mornings at the Common Ground coffee shop in G.R. at the corner of fulton and fuller.