Hi brothers in mind, i wonder, if anyone ever changed the upper forkbridge of a 1100..... I am look

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seers,

I changed the bearings of the stearing head 3 weeks ago, so I had to remove all the parts of the steering stem.
Call me, I´m about 50mls away.

Habe vor 3 Wochen die Lenkkopflager gewechselt und dabei logischerweise die Gabelbrücken abbauen müssen.
Bei Fragen, melden, bin ja nicht so weit weg, ca. 80km

Well, the first reply were German, and went like dis.."Have 3 weeks before the steering head bearings changed and thereby logically have to remove the fork bridges.
For questions, Report, so am not so far away, about 80km"

The second one is Latin...something about he should have kept quiet... :headscratch: :rtfm:

:popcorn:

I just saw that the most important part of my question is missing... I did not ask because of me having to do the steering or stuff (already done that) i wanted to know wether there is an alternative to the top forkbridge so that i can mount risers.... Maybe someone has an idea

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

AApple":2y5ok6vh said:
Well, the first reply were German, and went like dis.."Have 3 weeks before the steering head bearings changed and thereby logically have to remove the fork bridges.
For questions, Report, so am not so far away, about 80km"

The second one is Latin...something about he should have kept quiet... :headscratch: :rtfm:

:popcorn:

LOL I gotta disagree with ya there" my Latin is very very weak but I recognize Cato's closing line in every speech he gave (pretty focused guy)

Ceterum censeo = (Moreover or however) HD = (Harley Davidson?) esse delendam (must be destroyed)

(yes ... Cato's version was slightly different..)

ok, if he told in his first posting, that the issue is mounting risers, his question was not accurate to that.
So I misunderstood his question.
And while he´s living about 50mls away from me, I wrote in German and in english.

I have a CBR that has weld on risers to the top triple tree, I will try and post a photo and see if that is what you meant Jack