How many/ who's gonna ride today!?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting into high gear here in NJ!! Fall weather, temps in the 50's and 60's, bike running like a champ.....yep, time for miles for me!! :moped:

I'm heading out shortly.

Going to make a run for a hot dog and fries......in Mojave about 80 miles, then over on 58 to Bakersfield, about 60 miles, then home about 90 miles.

Beautiful mid 60's day with clear air after last night's rain.

Pics and ride report later.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134649#p134649:1dr3w70a said:
dan filipi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:45 am[/url]":1dr3w70a]
I'm heading out shortly.

Going to make a run for a hot dog and fries......in Mojave about 80 miles, then over on 58 to Bakersfield, about 60 miles, then home about 90 miles.

Beautiful mid 60's day with clear air after last night's rain.

Pics and ride report later.
:good: :popcorn:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134651#p134651:2k9sl3o5 said:
Omega Man » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:22 am[/url]":2k9sl3o5]
I rode to work and it rained on Crystal shortly after my shift started. I'm glad it's Saturday, I'd hate for my boss to catch me drying her off. :whistling:
:good: :smilie_happy:

Didn't go for a ride today because of this... :crying:

But I had a very nice ride yesterday...probably the last one of the year. It was about 15C (60F) here. Rode from Calgary out to Cochrane and back to Calgary via Airdrie. About 100 km in all. All secondary roads where you can cruise along at 90 to 100kph. :Egyptian:

Bike ran like a charm. The old 1100 is great for that kind of riding. Only turning 3000 to 3700 rpm, no vibration, nice and smooth. Pulls well at those low rpms due to the excellent single Weber carb.

BTW to me it is impressive that this motor is solidly mounted in the frame and has no balancer shafts but is virtually vibration-free.

This ride was a pleasure ride but also a test ride for a back rest that I have added. I can see now why people talk about putting forward controls on. The last couple of years I have been moding a testing the old GW but next summer I want to do some serious long touring.

Here is the back rest with plywood/foam for experimenting.

Brian

Brian

Had a great ride to have coffee with the VJMC members and view some more shed treasures that were out for the day. It was great to be on the Rats Nest even though it was really hot and too brief after over a week since last being ridden. I had been riding Red for the last couple of nights which was kind of interesting as I haven't fixed the dash lights so who knows how fast I was riding. It was probably safe to say faster than I thought :yes: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :moped:

What a great ride.
Reminded me how much I love being on 2 wheels!

234 miles.
Some twisties and heavy rain, 75-85 freeway. Temps got down to low 40's (brrr) but mostly high 50's. Saw just a couple Harleys, Lol.
I need to get some warmer gear but even getting cold the ride was better than any day working!

Not many pics, I was enjoying the ride too much to stop and pull out the Kodak.

Just a quaint ranch road where I stopped to put my jacket liner on
image.php

image.php

Just drizzle here but there's the Grapevine pass in those clouds I have to go through, hit heavy rain..
image.php

Some shelter from the rain while I have a smoke, didn't help much..
image.php

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134672#p134672:29qebdzm said:
Steve83 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:07 am[/url]":29qebdzm]
Nice ride, and great pics! I sure hope this mild weather sticks around for a while!
+1 :clapping: :moped: :good: