i didn't like it :(

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my way home form mom's yesterday i stopped around the block to visit a friend before making it home. he asked me if i would drive him to saline, mi to pick up a bike in an hour, i said that i would. an hour later we were on the road and soon in saline at the guys house checking the bike out. it started and ran good, my buddy anted me to take it for a test ride but i made him do it, he's the one that has to like it not me and he knows how to ride. after paying for his new set of wheels he wanted to have it towed home, don't know why he didn't want to ride it but he couldn't find a company to tow it. i know the area pretty good so i told him i would ride it if it was ok with him, he agreed. i avoided the expressway on the ride home cause i had no riding gear other than a half helmet and goggles. the temp was dropping and it would take us about an hour to get home. first thing i notice was this bike has a lot of power for such a small bike, next thing i notice is the suspension. its too firm going slow and too firm causing the bike to be squrelley at the posted speed limit ( 45mph ) and its killing my back

well i made it home in just over an hour and can honestly say that my old katana 1100 was more comfortable, i remember looking for some tall weeds to hide the katana in because i was soo uncomfortable on it. so what was i riding? a 2002 bmw 1200c

Attachments

• 20161002_183815.jpg
    20161002_183815.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 395
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181735#p181735:2ddck91k said:
dan filipi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:59 pm[/url]":2ddck91k]
I guess it's not that bad looking once you get past the WHAT THA! Lol.
well dan if you are sitting on it you can't see how bad it looks :)
joe: it has a fantastic motor the rest of the bike was no fun, uncomfortable seating position with no room to move around, feet just far enough in front of you so you can't stand and ride. handlebars look tall but were ok

A co-worker has one similar to that: he went from the S1000R to the R1200RS just to slow himself down. He threw me the keys and said take it for a ride... I just said "No Thanks!" My body doesn't bend like that any more.

stopped by my buddies house yesterday we got home just before I pulled up. I asked him how he liked his new bike and he said " I love it!!" he's happy with it and that's all that matters

Yeah, BMW's 'merican bike. LOL.
I remember seeing TV ads a while back but never seen actual thing in person.
(I am cruiser-blind but I guess I should notice a boxer engine. )

Did they sell them a lot?
Do they still sell them?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181826#p181826:30unkk8o said:
skiri251 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:05 pm[/url]":30unkk8o]
Yeah, BMW's 'merican bike. LOL.
I remember seeing TV ads a while back but never seen actual thing in person.
(I am cruiser-blind but I guess I should notice a boxer engine. )

Did they sell them a lot?
Do they still sell them?
i think sales might have gotten a boost from the bike being in a james bond movie but I don't know if that still offer them for sale. anyway the only bmw I want is a 1200 GSA

I stopped in and looked at them when they came out. Really loved the new tech that was used on it but when I looked at the seating and the real sparse passenger seating arrangement I said hmmmmm! No thanks! If I put my wife on that passenger griddle with a lightly padded seat she would be ready to choke me in a few miles. It do have some cool features but not for me!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181854#p181854:1dmhbo7i said:
WalterM817 » Yesterday, 11:24 pm[/url]":1dmhbo7i]
... If I put my wife on that passenger griddle with a lightly padded seat she would be ready to choke me in a few miles.
It's hard to ride safely with your wife's hands around your throat, squeezing vigorously! :BigGrin: