It was bound to happen.....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I look at the picture of that 1500 I wonder how many times I would poke myself in the face with the windshield mounting the bike. Or reaching forward for something. Guess that's not a worry now.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188850#p188850:154pye4y said:
dan filipi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 am[/url]":154pye4y]
I hope that guy pays for the damage :rant: :rtfm:
Yeah! I hope you at least got his license plate number! :rant: :hihihi:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188674#p188674:1xauypju said:
AApple » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:47 pm[/url]":1xauypju]
It's the only way I can get it out. It's usually only on the sidestand long enough for me to get my helmet on, and I'm standing right there in case the wind blows. If you look at this pic, you'll see I have a jack-stand under the 1500 to ensure it doesn't flip over, which is what I will normally do if it's gunna be there for more than a minute or so.

I think I would start parking the bikes with the side stand on the down-hill side.

brianinpa":2exgnf9y said:
I think I would start parking the bikes with the side stand on the down-hill side.

:Awe: :head bang: :Awe:
I cannot do it like that....the only way I can get it out is to back it out to the left, and park in front of the Burban. There isn't enough room between the cars to drive between them straight into/out of the garage, and there's a big tree and ditch on the west side of the truck....no exit there. I have to come in from the east side of the cars, and make a sharp right into the garage. I cannot back out to the left, which would put the stand on the downhill side....just no room to do that. I have no more room to maneuver the cars/truck around to give me more space. The cars are almost sticking out in the street as it is. :fiddle:
I think Imma gunna see if I can put it up on the center stand without it being too hazardous....

On a happier note....the windershield should be here today by the time I get home. :yes:

Is it possible to put out a 10" wide strip of 1/2" thick plywood to roll the bike on? That will raise the bike enough for the stand to have a little weight on it

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188888#p188888:ggpp3p7b said:
Ansimp » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm[/url]":ggpp3p7b]
How about drilling a side stand hole in the driveway?

smiley-id%C3%A9.jpg

:doh: THAT'S IT!!!!! :yahoo: :salute: :party: :clapping:

:mrgreen: Believe it or not, I've already considered ALL of those ideas :whistling:
I think I'm goin to air up the rear shock a little first....I lowered the pressure in it last week, since I wasn't having to wear/carry all of my cold weather gear.....I really think that was most likely the main reason it tumped over like that. It doesn't lean left as much with the lower air back there, even on flat ground. :eek:k:

New windershield is installed! :yahoo:
Easy peasy install, except for getting the mirror base/trim back on. Plus...since the right side mirror base was busted to begin with, I ordered one of those at the same time. Unfortunately....they sent the LEFT side. :Awe: Story o me life.... Thass otay tho...I'll be back ridin tomorry! :yahoo:

I placed the shield up as high as it will go...there's quite a bit of adjustment. I'll start high, and move it down a little at a time to see how it changes the wind.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188870#p188870:2eaazard said:
AApple » Yesterday, 10:08 am[/url]":2eaazard]
brianinpa":2eaazard said:

:Awe: :head bang: :Awe:
I cannot do it like that....the only way I can get it out is to back it out to the left, and park in front of the Burban. There isn't enough room between the cars to drive between them straight into/out of the garage, and there's a big tree and ditch on the west side of the truck....no exit there. I have to come in from the east side of the cars, and make a sharp right into the garage. I cannot back out to the left, which would put the stand on the downhill side....just no room to do that. I have no more room to maneuver the cars/truck around to give me more space. The cars are almost sticking out in the street as it is. :fiddle:
I think Imma gunna see if I can put it up on the center stand without it being too hazardous....

On a happier note....the windershield should be here today by the time I get home. :yes:

I can't believe no one has come up with the answer yet....it's so simple, you just need to buy a longer driveway so you can nose it straight into garage