Jungo's link fences pipe for runners, stock manifold ends, type 4 vw plenum, 34dft carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82a

Reaction score
viewtopic.php?p=97092#p97092
My runners are ready. This is what I did:

As Westgl, I considered EMT pipe but I found that 1 1/4" was too difficult to bend, since the distance is too short. Walking in Home depot I saw a top rail pipe to use in link fences. 1 3/8" x 10' @ $10.95. This pipe fits almost perfectly in the VW plenum.

So I cut a 5" pipe and installed on the port #3. Piece of cake... so far.

viewtopic.php?p=99677#p99677
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99677#p99677:2saztjxi said:
joedrum » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:32 am[/url]":2saztjxi]
I beleave in going with the jungo method ...its obvious to me this the easiest and cheapest way to hook up the type 4 manifold ....jungo offered to build a set set for me to use an hooch and I accepted it ....you can see it uses the type four transition ferrules to connect ...the size is right ..and a 10fr section of pipe makes a lot of runners ....

I think all other methods being talked about and done are great ....and maybe better who knows ...but its apparent to me that the bends in the runners are not really a real problem as compared to other things ....so the jungo approach is mine ... :builder: :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?p=99596#p99596
First ride report:

DAMN!!!!

Now I have a new bike. Hi Torque Power on take off like never before. No hesitation or stumbling. No more starving for gas. She goes from 0-70mph in few seconds (I'm not a drag fan, this was only for test) I'm scare of she. :mrgreen:

I didn't make any adjustment, just bring from the box, install and ride. I feel so much power, but now I'm concern about the mpg.

viewtopic.php?f=107&t=6619&start=660
I just run 70 enjoyable miles. :Egyptian:....
45.6 mpg
viewtopic.php?p=99998#p99998