late model gw's question,

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012/13,, hesitation problems,,,recall petitions are out,, searched around quite a lil and found no solutions,, was kind of wondering if anyone has heard about it,, or any solutions,, heads up if you lookin to purchase one.

Hesitation Problems on the newer wings work solely off of seat stimulation, throttle grip, wrist action, and eye contact with high end comfort. The more you get comfortable, the faster it will go.... :smilie_happy: ..just blow the crud out of it, it should run better.... :hihihi:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172029#p172029:25ftgspq said:
Trak » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:53 pm[/url]":25ftgspq]
2012/13,, hesitation problems,,,recall petitions are out,, searched around quite a lil and found no solutions,, was kind of wondering if anyone has heard about it,, or any solutions,, heads up if you lookin to purchase one.
I won't be able to afford something that new for another ten years, hope the po has the recall done by then

from what I read,, its a lil more than just hesitation/ closer to stall,, engine has to be 100% warm,,,, idk, found a bike I like,, but wont buy it if honda won't step up.. petitions going around to try and force them.. no probs like that with my 83

Here are some things to consider,
Excessive pressure in the gas tank? Open cap and release the pressure.

2.90 deg ambient, will build excessive pressure in the tank

3.When was the last time the fuel filter was changed. Lack of maintenance is usually involved in most customer complaints.

4.Electronics can only do so much and certain components are known to fail at times. The customer still has a responsibility to maintain the vehicle according to service schedules prescribed by the manufacturer. Electronics are very good and will usually last a very long time untouched.

5. If you are decelerating hard, fuel is shut off until it gets down to idle speed and if you pull in the clutch while it is still in fuel cut off mode it could die before the injection starts again.

6.Let the motor come back down to lower RPM ranges before disengaging the clutch. That will allow the IAC time to pick up and the motor come out of the no-fuel situation

7.I would look at cleaning the throttle body assembly. Cars are notorious for stalling when decelerating or at low rpm. The small gap at the throttle plate gets full of carbon and causes it to basically choke, this could be a problem people are over looking.

8. Maintenance is the key word, if the bike has not been kept up with it, then the buyer will be responsible for it.