Lazy way to clean corroded connectors

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was not the stator plug I couldn't pull apart it was the larger plug that is near the stator plug that I was taking away to solder the three yellow wires direct together. I was trying to avoid a cold solder joint with a small solder gun I was going to pre heat the bare portion of the stator wires. Before I soldered them Just wanted to clean that plug and pack with elec grease is there a tip or trick to get a stuck plug apart without breaking it. Jerry

Thanks Dan just looking for a way I haven't tried before with three wings I've a lot of plugs to clean and the plastic is so old can't get too rough with them. Jerry

Read somewhere :headscratch: that your old, as well as new brake fluid, makes the old plastic a lot more flexable, and less likely to break. :yes:

Thanks Denver that's one I haven't heard of I'll try that on the old stator plug. To see if it will soften up.When you can't get these old plugs a part it's probably pretty bad on the inside and needs some attention. Better to hurry up and slow down. Jerry