Let's have a texas role call!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabghost

Reaction score
I hope all our Texas members are doing okay in spite of being exceedingly damp. Those close to Houston I hope have their bikes in zip lock bags. :read:

Born and raised in El Paso, so even if I was still there, it wouldn't affect me. West Texas might as well be part of New - or old - Mexico. Stay safe and dry, y'all!

I live right on Lake Conroe and have no flooding issues at all. Mostly those below the dam (think releasing water) and those in downtown Houston. This is in my area, now the flooding is all over in central and north central Texas too.

Jeff...bring a tanker(or 100), and take all ya want. I've 'bout had all I can stand....

We've been in this house since '96, and I've NEVER seen water standing in my back yard....until this mornin. Ya see...our property is on a slope....water normally runs right thru the yard, and out to the front, into a culvert, then down the road it goes. More rain comin, too...

rainy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Need postpone an oil gas transfer and use the line to pump that water out west. Blame it on that cooling effect of the big ice block that was the snow piles in boston and other areas. Joel you might want to add some pontoons to your wing.

Not floating away yet...but we really don't need the MORE RAIN coming down now. Folks live on a large bend in the Brazos river, the road going in has a bridge that crosses the river, I was told last evening the water is to the bottom of the bridge, keeps rising they'll have to drive about 30 miles to get in the other way, all the neighbors that live close to river are flooded (to top of roofs).

I'm glad to know our members are still with us even though nature has been a beast lately. Went from cooking a few days ago to freezing here. Not literally but I'm used to hot from my job. We are in the 50's here down from the 80's. A lot of wind and rain too.

We got a lot of rain in May but we needed it. The lakes we pull drinking water from were below 20%, today they are at 100%.Some folks had some flooding in this area but all in all things are good.

I talked to slabghost earlier. Because of high winds his internet has been touch and go.
He mentioned you Texans are in for another storm, something like 15" rain in one day? Damn!!

Batten down the hatches and ready the boat!

South coast will get it the worst. We'll get some rain, but who really knows how much. Got my rubber ducky ready, just in case.... :hihihi:

ok guess its been bad everywhere ....here in fla its just simply melting you to the ground ....i guess that dont count as bad except in my book of looking at things lol......hope it all isnt to bad for everyone actually its nice in fla on the early rides ive been taking .....

I could make a fortune in texas if I had a warehouse full of pontoons. Anyone want to relocate your house. Strap on the evinrude and pontoons!