looking for swingarm drive o-rings/seal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
After removing the swing arm (83 interstate w/ 28k) et al. to inspect and lube bits and parts what do you guys do about replacing the pinion o-ring and the double lipped seal in the swingarm. Are these NLA and that means were SOL ? I will inspect advance mechanism, replace swing arm seals, grease and such while I'm there but would like to complete the task with the expendable parts. Any advice greatly appreciated. As some may know I was searching the cause of the apparent shift "clunkiness". All moving parts discovered to have no or negligible lash, just the output shaft of tranny.
Thanks,
Iggy

I'm really not sure if the correct term is washer. What they do is flex when shifting to provide a smooth shift. They are no longer available, but if you bring one in to a Honda dealership they can set you up with some that are the same size from a newer bike. Good luck. Cheers.

The o ring doesnt exist any longer, its an odd size. Ok to get one of smaller diameter and streatch it to fit. you may have to try a few to get the right size to work such as smaller diameter but thicker ring when streatched will be a very nice fit. Lube it up to press in place.