my 81 interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only reason i went single carb was cause i couldnt get the stock carbs to idle right.so i did the the single swap. it ran good,MPG was down from stock but that was ok,i got the idle jets out of the stock carbs,got um clean. DONE.

https://www.facebook.com/david.topham.5 ... 132432408/

the jets in that vid are from a 83 that was sitting for years
. i already cleaned my 81 jets

my 81 jets
11817139_10207136118832068_117963898225827439_n.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155986#p155986:3632mx18 said:
81 Gwing » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:06 pm[/url]":3632mx18]
now that i got the (press in) idle jets clean on my stock carbs, i went back to the stock carbs....waaaay better. more power all the way around,and pulls real good in 5th :yahoo:
That is an interesting statement about the OE carbs giving better performance than SC. I always thought my SC gave me better low end but it sounds like you think even low end is better with stock rack. hmmmm :headscratch: :headscratch:

All the single carb conversions it seems vary in performance somewhat. Whether it's due to manifold, carb, skill level, or just plain luck. I can't say but I expect it may be a combination. I'm all for whatever works best for the owner.

Ask Aussiegold how well a first quality original rack works and performs.
Even my second hand stock rack goes like a champion with plenty of 8000 rpm shifts with fellow riders being amazed by how well the Rats Nest goes :yes:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156076#p156076:28iecj7g said:
Ansimp » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:40 am[/url]":28iecj7g]
Ask Aussiegold how well a first quality original rack works and performs.
Even my second hand stock rack goes like a champion with plenty of 8000 rpm shifts with fellow riders being amazed by how well the Rats Nest goes :yes:

:thanks:

going from a 2 barell to a 4.... just like the single carb 2v to the 4 carb 4V

just sayin..there is a big noticeable difference form the single carb to the stock carb as far power/torque goes. plus..why do ya do the single swap in the first place???? cause your stock carbs are messed up.

now im gonna hear how i didnt have the single carb setup right...bull, it started good,ran good, good MPG...it just didnt have the power of the stockers

ok ..i see what your saying ... well i have to say ... in no way am i worried about coming accross a stock carbed bike and feel like i might not measure up ... in fact im totally the otherway ...that what i mean about outcomes ...your was less than stock and mine makes stock look like a joke of carburation...the outcomes are not predicable or chisseled in stone

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156085#p156085:2ofz0huh said:
81 Gwing » Today, 5:41 am[/url]":2ofz0huh]
going from a 2 barell to a 4.... just like the single carb 2v to the 4 carb 4V

just sayin..there is a big noticeable difference form the single carb to the stock carb as far power/torque goes. plus..why do ya do the single swap in the first place???? cause your stock carbs are messed up.

now im gonna hear how i didnt have the single carb setup right...bull, it started good,ran good, good MPG...it just didnt have the power of the stockers
Same would be said about the stock carbs :smilie_happy:

The right carbs for any given bike are the ones the owner of that bike prefers. Stock racks have given good performance for many years and most seem quite happy with them. I have plenty of singles on hand but have not removed the stock on my 1200 standard because it runs very nice as is. And because time and workspace have been short this year. Each of us is free to run our bikes in whatever configuration suits us best. I'm happy for you that you have your bike running as you like it. RIDE ON!!

found a use for my single setup. see if this 83 parts bike runs

Attachments

• DSC08171.JPG
    DSC08171.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC08170.JPG
    DSC08170.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 144
more power,more torque and more MPG than the SC. first time out with the stockers,last years plugs....134.2mi,2.9gal=46.2. plugs are burnin clean,all the same color. i run the same route doin the MPG checks,nothin over 65,some hills,flat goin,curvey, nice road. speedO reads 60,GPG says 59

Attachments

• DSC08174.JPG
    DSC08174.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 128
sounds great .....stock carbs are actually made for the bike ..even tho there epa desease carbs if right should do real well ... mpg is all on the side of cv carbs ...but on the other hand ...power is on the side of strait carb and non cv ...witch the dft is non cv but its far from strait carb ..its a epa nightmare ... if dft was modded to able you to dial it in ... the stock carbs will still do better mpg but a modded dft that can be dial in will out power the stock carbs .. as they are quicker .. throttle is instant ...and bike is gone ... while the cv carbs are struggling with a vac signal to get going ... its not really a matter of peak power or hp rating ...its execution time

thers a huge difference in running and dial in ...like night and day

Latest posts