my naked 83...stripped and slammed

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipjackbill

Reaction score
built this with only bolt on stuff, i do airbrush work and my own leather work, everything is stock minus the rear shocks from licks cycles, 9 1/2 inches...also used gl1000 front forks and wheel setup, linked front calipers to foot brake setup so as i apply rear brake all 3 calipers work at once....stops better than it ever did, works like my cage....no diving or lockup problems at all....seat is stock pan stripped of all its original foam the relined with 100% memory foam (used a camping pad...way cheap, lol) then covered in deerskin from ebay then whip stitched with latigo, been on many long distance rides, 4-5 hours and no problems....anyway thought i would show off what i could turn mine into....thanks for any comments or suggestions, skipjackbill in florida

Attachments

• wing004.jpg
    wing004.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 193
Very nice look. Welcome aboard. If it were mine I'd add the radiator side scoops and a narrow fender off a 1000 maybe.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, skipjackbill!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Looks super sweet! :good:

Wildwing":4lebnn7o said:
Cool ride, luv the petroglyph art.

:clapping: :clapping: Super cool ride! :clapping: :clapping:
Never been a fan of airbrushed bikes (skulls and crossbones don't do much for me) but I have to admit this is sharp!!

thanx to everyone with all your comments, my rule is since i was super low on funds (broke) i had to do it myself, lol...great site and great people, what more could anyone want...thanx again guys

as far as paint it actually has "textured" coloring like sandstone, and the kokopelli / petroglyph look came to me as the ultimate "old school" paint job, lol...and everything else was pretty much following that first old school thought....get a lot of compliments and sometimes even fellow wingers dont believe its a wing, lol thanx again to all

wow, thanx to everyone for the great comments....secret to the paint work besides little airbrushed "veins" in paint was "stenciling", drew out various kokopelli's on paper plates,(told you i was broke, lol), and sponge painted images on base coat before clearing tank and side covers, lent to the petroglyph look i thought....can do the work for anyone who wants it on a per item basis but live here in florida, lemme know what you need and will give ya a qoute if you need paint or even leather work done, drop me a line....thanks again, Bill

found some other pics i had layin' around...

Attachments

• wing5.jpg
    wing5.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 92
  • wing4.jpg
    wing4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 88
  • wing3.jpg
    wing3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 89
  • wing2.jpg
    wing2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 91
  • mikebikes.jpg
    mikebikes.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 92
Beautiful bike. You may want to reconsider your braking setup, while I do imagine having all the brakes combined does make stopping convenient , its not really a safe way to set it up. The problem is, its not like your car. Your car brakes while actuated by one pedal, its two completely separate hydraulic systems so that if there is a failure, you will still most likely have 50% of your brakes. A car also has another backup, the e-brake is mechanically actuated. With the way you have it setup, if any part of the hydraulic system fails you will have no brakes at all. That means your life is depending on each individual, oring, line, seal, plunger, etc....

just my .02,
mickey

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

all good mickster, i appreciate your input, i guess coming from a background of choppers/bobbers that carry a single disc or sprotor set up (brake rotor and sprocket as on unit for newbies) on just the rear wheel, i treat this as a treat and started out as an experiment that has never failed in the past 4 years, and like any bike i own is checked regularly, normal walkarounds, checking condition of fluids, cracking of lines etc...it has worked for me.(it is my everyday ride, matter of fact my only transportation right now)..all good, and how it started was from the proportioning valve used on the older wings front end setup, as we all know the original 83 foot brake when pushed, activated the rear and front right caliper, front handle was for left disc, just expanded the thought remembering what a lot of us do in case of a cager pulling out in front of us, lay on the rear brake and designed it from there, like i said for me its so far so good, and you make a great point with your facts, good thinking.....(by the way, i don't wear a helmet either, lol)....just having fun with that one, mick....thanks for all the comments from everyone, Bill