My Solo Seat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkl

Reaction score
Been side tracked with single carb, finally gett,n back to seat. I believe this came off a Suzuki boulevard .......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 665
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 663
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 661
That is very nice. I agree it looks stock. :music:

Questions: What size Boulevard is the seat from, or are they all the same? What did you have to do to mount it? Is the back rest attached to the seat? How comfortable is it compared to OE seat?

Thanks
Brian

I think this is seat:::Suzuki VL800 Boulevard 800 VL C50 Front Seat 141438 (Fits: Suzuki Boulevard) ....Back rest frame is off a GL1200 it attaches to modified rack to hold Samsonite luggage rack, back rest pad is off an old shadow. I always raise the back of my shelter enclosure about 1 1/2 so it raises the front of the seat about 1 1/2 to make the seat tilt back a little. (I do this with stock seat also, all it takes is a block of wood and drill two holes to match existing bracket and use longer screws.)
The front of seat that fits over enclosure must be heated a little, and use c-clamps and a piece of wood cut to match curve at back of enclosure, the plastic contours easily with moderate heat gun.
Grind the heck out of plastic bumps under seat, two ELL brackets strategically located under seat, drill two holes in frame to attach seat to Cycle. At the sides of seat about 2 inches of plastic that dips way down must be cut so seat is above the side covers. I am not through yet but I have attached a piece of plastic on right side of tank enclosure, painted black to hide the upsweep of the seat that does not match the look of tank enclosure.
I will use a gell pad on top of seat covered in black faux sheep skin, cut exactly to fit just where I sit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 621
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 625
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 623
Finally finished, installed rubber waffle pad, with memory foam on top, then a thin layer of regular foam.....very comfy,,,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 583
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 581
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 580
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 578
chrome front and rear fenders off a GL1000 modified slightly,,,,,lights off back off a GL1000 also......One piece lid is off a 1000 tank shelter, modified to fit 1100 enclosure,, used the stock lid but had to cut some on my enclosure and rig a hinge system......gives a ton of room with single carb set-up.

Found a cheap RoadStar seat modified it to fit my Black 81 1100....Moved the Suzuki Boulevard seat to Yellow 82 1100 (wife's bike).....
The Road Star seat is bigger so I put it on my ride. Ain't finishned yet, but you get the Idea.

Attachments

• Y1.JPG
    Y1.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 476
  • Y2.JPG
    Y2.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 477
  • SUZ1.JPG
    SUZ1.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 477