New ATF question...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So as you all know I'm rollin on a 1500 now. To ATF or not ATF...that is the question. George(vegaswingnut) told the 1500 carbs can be finicky, and recommended a Seafoam treatment every few tanks. What say you?

Just for the record, there is no problem with the fuel system at this time. "Crystal" is running uber sweet.

~O~

if carbs I see no reason at all not to use ATF. I use it in my 96 subaru which is fuel injected and have never had a problem. If there is a bunch of computer controls it may affect readings from sensors. Seafoam may also. I'd try a tank and watch it closely. If there is any ill effects they should pass with fresh fuel.

:clapping: I use ATF in both my '85 Aspy and my '02 1800. No problems with either. Since using (every tank full) I have increased gas mileage on both bikes by as much as 4 mpg.
Obviously a personal decision, but hey, why not use every trick there is to gain MPG? Next time-modified spark plugs to increase mpg even more: stay tuned for further developments.
:wave:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90661#p90661:1b4v4y2o said:
joedrum » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm[/url]":1b4v4y2o]
wow the atf spreads to newer oldwings ...sheesh it was like pulling teeth to get you guyd to try it
True dat Joe. I just wanted to hear from someone that was doing the same with their 1500 before I started. :blush:

~O~