New from Dallas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esturdivant

Reaction score
Hi all - bought a GW last year, Gl1100 aspy, 1982 for $900. looking to make it naked because I like the look of the naked GWs. It was running poorly when I got it, needed carbwork, of course. So I stripped off all the 'dress' and now I'm getting it running properly. Meaning, yes, I'm following closely the single carb talk between here as well as Saunders site.

politics and hot opinions aside, i'm well on my way to building up a grab-bar manifold and a Stovebolt weber carb.

Anyhow, I thought I'd introduce me-self and ask a couple questions to the crew here.

Eric

welcome to classic ... yes single carb politics is something sheesh .... there are several doing the grabbar runner approach here ... me included I am really getting out there with what im doing with grab bars ...and there are several methods been used ... just keep reading ...personally I think the single carb deal is the way to extend these great bike into many future yrs of riding ...

Welcome to the CGW Forums, from just a little farther down the road, south. :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks guys. Hoping to stay out of the politics and learn as much as i can.

If i can get a ton of miles out of my wing like ive heard so many get out of theirs, i'll be a happy camper!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111884#p111884:nnujamh0 said:
esturdivant » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:47 am[/url]":nnujamh0]
Thanks guys. Hoping to stay out of the politics and learn as much as i can.

If i can get a ton of miles out of my wing like ive heard so many get out of theirs, i'll be a happy camper!
We aren't into the politics of the SCC here, I just won't let a a certain ex member disparage this forum or it's members. You will not find any further reference to this subject here. :yes:

~O~