New Indian's

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joedrum...known her from 15 years old..my Co Pilot lol ..36 years married..shes is a motorhead too ! She has a Turbo convertible Bug..Her last car was kinda fast it would outrun me on the open hwy...... factory top speed 179 mph ..but not off the line..she also had a Jag XJS V-12 years back

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177803#p177803:3km7i3l0 said:
Fstsix » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 am[/url]":3km7i3l0]
Thanks Joedrum...known her from 15 years old..my Co Pilot lol ..36 years married..shes is a motorhead too ! She has a Turbo convertible Bug..Her last car was kinda fast it would outrun me on the open hwy...... factory top speed 179 mph ..but not off the line..she also had a Jag XJS V-12 years back
:good: :salute:

Well so what is new here?
Indian and GPS combination, I suppose.
Goldwing has had GPS and stuff for years now, right?

I didn't like cheapy GPS (for cars) mounted on my Oldwing.
Now I finally own a smartphone and I like GoogleMap very much.
Unfortunately I need to wear reading glasses to see the dumb thing. :head bang:
Actually I now need glasses to see almost anything close.. (sigh)

Maybe I should try bluetooth headphone.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177823#p177823:1209cmhj said:
skiri251 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:10 pm[/url]":1209cmhj]
Well so what is new here?
Indian and GPS combination, I suppose.
Goldwing has had GPS and stuff for years now, right?

I didn't like cheapy GPS (for cars) mounted on my Oldwing.
Now I finally own a smartphone and I like GoogleMap very much.
Unfortunately I need to wear reading glasses to see the dumb thing. :head bang:
Actually I now need glasses to see almost anything close.. (sigh)

Maybe I should try bluetooth headphone.

The voice instructions work much better when you can hear them.. :yes:

I'm split on this. Yes, I love my tech, and I was an early adopter to gps. First GPS was a Ique 3600 that I bought around 2004. I think a lot of this is kind of overkill, and even more so for a motorcycle. I like my Sena 10c, and at this point prefer to have my music sent to be that way. I don't like to talk on the phone while riding...or ever really, so that isn't something I'm worried about. I use my phone for gps now, but some of the other data would be useful to have.

With bike/car mounted gps, how do maps update? That has been the biggest problem I've had with gps's outside of google/co pilot.

The first Garmin I bought was bulky and heavy. After a year the map updates cost $150. Never updated it and glad I didn't. Not long after a gps could be had for less than that.

I don't use a gps when riding. If I have a destination I look it up before heading out. If I get turned around oh well. Makes for a longer ride. Stop and reroute.

Off route, recalculating

GPS units have came a long way, like cellphones and other electronics.

I have used an android and Google to navigate occassionally but it's a little inconvienent and a data eater.

If you live in a huge city or travel extensively having a GPS unit is great, locally it isn't so much.

I have a built in Garmin in my truck and it has lifetime updates free, it has a lot of great features an oversize 8 to 9 inch screen, multi function audio system,,
back up camera, hands free blue tooth cellphone usage, and much more,
It will find and call businesses, hotels, resturants, anyone in my phone. It has apps and much much more, I love it on trips.

I also own a Garmin nuvi stand alone for the other car and it shares many of the nicer featues and has lifetime free maps updates.

I love technology and gadjets in general but some of that auto braking and auto parking tech on cars I view with some resistance. It is new and there will be bumps in the road of development.