new old guy

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to CGW. We all love to ride, just wish I had more time to do it. The wife and I will be taking a trip to NC this summer to ride around the mountains. Been to the Smokies and up and down the dragon several times so it's time to explore a new area.

THANK YOU ALL for the warm welcome yes my 82 wing just changed engine swap know the stator is not working correctly so will have to yank engine back out and replace the stator not to hard of a job swapping engines think i did damn good for my forst time doing it guess i will be a pro 2nd time around lol the engine i removed that stator was working great so think im just going to take it off the old engine and use it already replaced rectifier and batter water pump timing belts are pretty new new fluids will have to change again forgot to mention i found someone here selling 2 wings 81's i purchased them for $300- good deal considering all the spare parts i have they also included a box full of new wing parts and seals so rebuilt rear master slave cylinder and just doing a little fixing at a time or refreshing but id rather be riding yes the wichita mountains are a nice ride ussualy were i go but guess i will be parking her for a bit till i have time to fix her thank god i have two batterys so if i get stuck i switch em out and im off again last a couple days even with the stereo cranked up well hope to see some of you locals out on the highway some time

Sounds like you have it all under control Charlie, two batteries and two spare GWs :good: