New Pics of near final form of a 83 GL-I

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griz

Reaction score
83GLI-b.jpg
83GLI-a.jpg
83GLI-c.jpg
83GLI-d.jpg
83GLI-e.jpg

The near final form of my 83 GL1100-I
Still need to buff, paint & polish.

OldWrench":1yei0g3v said:
What affect did the Harley pipes have on the way she runs, and do you have the crossover pipe?
The engine has MAC headers on it, The mufflers are Harley DYNA take offs. No Jetting was required. My 50yrs of building I have never had a set of pipes like these. Normally you have to rejet. BUT not this time. The mufflers slip fit in to the headers too. Air suspension is active front and rear and has been lowered 3 full inches in the rear and dropped 2" in the front. Have aprox 3.5" ground clearance.
With the corbin seat on it, seat height is 27" unloaded, 25.5" loaded.

griz":3bqixp9j said:
OldWrench":3bqixp9j said:
What affect did the Harley pipes have on the way she runs, and do you have the crossover pipe?
The engine has MAC headers on it, The mufflers are Harley DYNA take offs. No Jetting was required. My 50yrs of building I have never had a set of pipes like these. Normally you have to rejet. BUT not this time. The mufflers slip fit in to the headers too. Air suspension is active front and rear and has been lowered 3 full inches in the rear and dropped 2" in the front. Have aprox 3.5" ground clearance.
With the corbin seat on it, seat height is 27" unloaded, 25.5" loaded.

Oh By the way NO eq pipe, and runs better than new. Trust me 40+ yrs of working on bikes this is the best conversion I have ever seen.