Newbie from MN

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby b

Reaction score
Hi, all. Bobby b from MN here.

Just about halfway through my second rebuild on my 1981 GL1100. Bought it brand new (still in the crate) back in '81, rode it for ten or twelve years, parked it in the garage, decided it was time to ride again about six years later, and (of course) had to tear it all apart, rebuild carbs, replace leaking gaskets, replace tires and belts, scrape, wash, wipe, polish, tune . . .

Rode it for another eight years or so, and then parked it in the garage again, for another five-year rest. Now, once again, I'm re-familiarizing myself with convoluted crud-packed carb passages, teensy little washers and o-rings, scuffed aluminum cases and covers, dried-out cables, and dull paint. Frankly, I think I enjoy the rebuilding almost as much as the riding.

So I've been reading your ideas and suggestions avidly for several weeks, and figured I should sign up if only so I could sign in and thank y'all for the time and effort you've put in here to make (what I think is) the best GW resource I've seen.

So, Hi, and thanks!

Welcome to the CGW Forums, bobby b!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Bobby hey man Welcome to the site,,, Good to have you here, hey... we are trying to get every member new and old to map in man, Please give your location on the map thingy dingy ...Thank you man, welcome and have some fun..I'm always getting myself in trouble here because I go off topic alot so I'm just saying...Don't be like me.. :fishin: