" News - update" My Stepson

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought i would drop a few lines about the recovery process with my stepson. From March 18th - April 7th, over 50 hours of surgery. Steel plates were put in on both sides of his jaw, skin flaps, skin graphs, muscle reconstructions of the right side of his face. They took the main tissue from his front belly area and made him a lower face. He still has the feeding tube in his stomach area and the breathing trachea. April 10th - He got to drink a little water for the first time, and now is eating frozen popsicle sticks and having small portions of soup. April 13th - he called his mother last night and spoke a few words to her and to me. He told her he was making a list of all the foods he wanted to eat when he got out and told me people just don't know how precious water really is. We could understand most of his words but he still has a long ways to go with learning speech all over and eating. He will get to see his sons for the first time this coming friday, one is 2 years old and the other is 6 months. The Doctors told him, maybe in 3 weeks if all the other things go well, he may get to go home. Even though he will still have to have other surgeries later too.

I want to thank everybody for your prayers and thoughts, they were greatly appreciated and brought great comfort to him and his family.

I`m glad to hear he is getting better, that water story is so true, it taste so good after being comatose in the ICU. I hope he gets to go home soon.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146128#p146128:1uqgvf6l said:
backyardtrouble » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:33 am[/url]":1uqgvf6l]
.and now is eating frozen popsicle sticks

:shock: :shock: He's eating the STICKS?!?! Thass a tough feller right thar!! :hihihi:

Glad to hear he's making decent progress, all jokes aside. Fingers crossed for a full, and swift recovery!! :beg:

Man its a long road , I have 4 plates and 16 3" screw in my upper jaw due to birth defects and they were put in when I was 28 . My thoughts are with you all. Was this from a crash? Either way it sounds like he has a great support crew! Keep it up.

eagle eye":2ldm1ch5 said:
Man its a long road , I have 4 plates and 16 3" screw in my upper jaw due to birth defects and they were put in when I was 28 . My thoughts are with you all. Was this from a crash? Either way it sounds like he has a great support crew! Keep it up.

Up Date : No crash eagle eye, he was hurt at work. He got to go home yesterday. He still has the breathing tube and the feeding tube for now. I believe he has had 8 surgeries now since March 18, and more due next month, but the hardest ones are over from what was told.

To all my goldwing family friends here, thanks for all your concerns and support. Have a great day everybody.