Nice ride today, maybe done for a while.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapnDenny1

Reaction score
My wife and I went for a nice ride today. Just about 2 hours, but it was nice. I'm still getting the hang of the wing. This is only my second time on the twisty stuff around here. I felt a lot better on it this time. I do like the bike, a lot.

The bike will be down for a while. I ordered a new front and rear tire, Dunlop Elite III bias plys, also a set of Progressive fork springs, also the fork seals and bushings, a new custom made Diamond seat, and a set of passenger arm rests for a GL1500 that I am going to mount to the GL1100's tank. That way I can remove the trunk and arm rests all in one.

I'm not sure if I will be able to ride it again once I get all this work done on it, so today might be the last ride for a while. I may have another weekend in the first part of December after the seat is here. I hope so.

I'm anxious to see how it rides with new tires? I'm hoping the issues I have with it following grooves is due to the old tires.

I think this here Goldwing is starting to grow on me. ;-)

Take care all,

Dennis

The 1100 does have a way of growing on ya, I have the same infliction.

I would bet the groove tracking will be just about eliminated with the E3's.
I have an E3 in front that tracks only a very small amount when the 2 sides of grooves are at different heights, even my car tracks on those.

I have E-3's front and back on mine and I really like the way they ride. It turns in very nicely on the twisty stuff.

I had the fron ttire mounted today. I should be getting the rear tire delivered in a day or so. I'm lookin gforward to riding it with the improvements.

Take care all,

Dennis