No Ethanol results

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shierh

Reaction score
I have now run a few tanks of No Ethanol. First report was that I had to turn down the idle by 150,now have checked miles

With ethanol gas i was getting 36 to 39 mpg. city some highway, With Non ethanol and same driving it increased to 41mpg.
I took highway trip from orlando to cocoa beach on saturday. 160 round . I got 47.12 mpg 90% highway 10% city. Kept under 4k. 60-65 highway.

No real surprises there.Ethanol in fuel is like adding water to wine. It creates more volume but less kick. :good:

I have it dialed in now, dont think it could possibly run any better.
I did drain the tank once, have not used the reserve until recently because i knew there would be stuff there and man there was lots of rust that came out. Its pretty good for now. Will drain at later date and put in the rust stuff etc.

47mpg?!?!? SUPER!! :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:
Is this a Standard, or Innerstate/Aspy? Either way..that's excellent fuel mileage. Best I've ever gotten was a little over 42mpg. Thanks for sharing your results. :thanks:

I believe there are a fair amount of studies on carbureted vehicles that show a 10% drop in gas mileage with 10% ethanol. So 10% more for premium is about 33 cents. I think it's worth it to pay for the premium if it's ethanol free and makes your carbs stay intact.

Interstate,
bike now has 14400 miles on it. Had 12300 when i got it. I did waterpump, timing belts etc. changed to Rotella 15/40. plugs are new. I also run double dose of MMO in the tank. 42 lbs of air in tires.
Im 5'11x194lbs and only cloths in the bags.

The trip from orlando to Cocoa beach is pretty flat run, several over passes but thats it. Heat, well it was hot, 90+ and humid.

I suspect if there was no city involved that the actual mpg would be almost 49. However there are no non ethanol stations near the highway so have to do some city riding to get there.

Bottom line is that im very pleased with its performance now and wish i could find higher octane non ethanol fuel for my 2 harleys. They are fuel injected and dyno tuned with ethanol gas. Suspect some improvement with mpg but not that much.

By the way Joel, mine use to look just like yours, same color, now its all black, no chrome. Im getting ready to pull motor and paint it black also .

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127554#p127554:28j38fvw said:
shierh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:44 pm[/url]":28j38fvw]
By the way Joel, mine use to look just like yours, same color, now its all black, no chrome. Im getting ready to pull motor and paint it black also .

So...you started with a big ol TURD, and then made something out of it?!? :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:
You're a little lighter in the weight department than myself....and prolly a lot of other fellers here, too.....I bet that helps some, along with keeping the mpH down to legal speeds....something I find virtually impossible to do.... :smilie_happy: