Old guy with old Broken Wing....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianstaley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all from the United Kingdom, I lived in Holland fro just over 25 years and while I was there I got me a Honda GL1000, there is some speculation on age it is a GL1000 K3 and was registered for the first in Holland on the 16th of June 1980. The frame number on my documents say that it is GL2-4016517, there is another number that is the frame number that is stamped in to the frame at the frame side of the Tripple tree. that reads 80HONML11056517, I assume that the bike was imported by Honda and not a private import from somewhere else. I need to know the diameter of the handle bars 3/8 or 1 inch or whatever, as I need to get a front brake master cylinder and I dunno which one to get.

How long have I had the bike let me see 1986 bought it is now 2013 so I have had it 27 years, it is 33 years old and has been sat in my garage for 20 of the last 20 years. now it is in the UK and I need to get her looking beutiffool, before I die (62 and I am an invalid) But before I leave this dump of a world, I do wana see a lot of the beautiful laces in it. and on it. So time is short.

Thank you, I would have measured the bar myself but 2 days after getting back my son came down and helped get the bike of the trailer and into the garage, the same night it was stolen by low life's that though they could get it going, no chance. So the bike is in the Police pound right now and wont get it back in the garage before next week. so a) I am happy I get it back and b) gave me time to step up security 5 locks now, one each corner a bar that gets put into a steel pipe in the ground in the middle of the door. Inside I will remove the handle bars and one wheel so it wont be going any ware, and I have fitted a small night vision dash cam and a fully charged 12 V car battery. at the back of the garage.
So collecting info and stuff I need, like the master brake cylinder is toast and a kit is almost as costly as a new master cylinder. :beg: :thanks:

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum. You said "old"?? The wind is old and it's still blowing. Keep fighting for your dreams young fellow.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Welcome! I am working on a '78 'wing also, however mine has had a '75 engine transplant at some time in the past. I ride a 2006 GL1800, and believe me, the '78 is MUCH easier to work on!

Go to collect it on Saturday morning, going to cost me £170 just to get my own bike back. Ah well got lots of security now, always the case after the horse has bolted, eh. But better late than never.

Hello and welcome to CGW from Huntington Wv. I own a 1977 G L 1000 I have ownewd since new. Great dependable bikes, even on 3 1/2 cylinders. I have a cylinderthat is not working that well . No time to work on it. I am 74 and my fdingers don't want to work any more :moped: :moped: :head bang:

Welcome from Dallas TEXAS.... the bars should be 7/8 inch...you can check partsnmore.com for the replacement master cylinder or a master cylinder rebuild kit.... not sure if they ship to Europe or not but they might.. worth a check out.. I replaced my master on my 1100 with one from them

Here is a link to the master cylinder I used...

https://www.northamericangoldwings.com/v ... r+cylinder

:Egyptian: Good luck on the restoring of your GW.. and welcome ... it is to bad that it was stolen. yes there are low lifes everywhere... I am in AZ ,USA ,a snow bird,.. from CA.... :Egyptian: :moped: :rocks: :yahoo: