Proud owner of a 76 GL1000 LTD

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice and you can even borrow some dance music from krakum :smilie_happy:

"Oh..I dont want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me...hey...she's too fat for me....hey...she's too fat for me!"

Wait, no that one is about my ex....lol

I had the chance to get the 76 limited, and I passed on it, still kicking myself over that....

How many miles are on it?

Finally she is in the shop, paint has been cleaned and is just about mint condition. Here are some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 92
Oh yea, The fairing is staying, I just took it off so the mechanic wont scratch it, Plus it needs some cleaning and it also has 1 very minor crack that I want to repair.I love the old Vetter farings.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=129695#p129695:qu62itsv said:
Bladequarter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 am[/url]":qu62itsv]
Oh yea, The fairing is staying, I just took it off so the mechanic wont scratch it, Plus it needs some cleaning and it also has 1 very minor crack that I want to repair.I love the old Vetter farings.
+1

Update!!!

Just waiting on some new front brake rotors and she will be back in the road.
Ended up having to replace all the brake lines,fuel lines and coolant lines. Plus do a tune up and rebuild the entire brake system. All the rotors were warped bad. I'm gonna get a new radio and speakers for the cycle sounds that is still in it, any suggestions on good waterproof radios and looks like 3 inch speakers for it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found some interesting info on the 76 LTD

The 1976 Limited Edition GL was an offering by Honda to the United States motorcycle buyers to commemorate the year that the U.S. reached its 200th anniversary. You remember—the Tall Ships in New York Harbor, the fabulous fireworks at our nation’s capital, and all of the great local events that honored the anniversary of our birthday, July 4, 1776 – July 4, 1976.

Honda had decided to make only 2000 of these unique machines and to manufacture them right along with the remaining production 1975 GL1000s as well as the production 1976 models. If you have never seen one of these unique machines, you have truly missed a rare glimpse of one of the premier efforts by Honda to capture the American market potential in the seventies. The Limited Edition’s uniqueness is evident by its gold anodized aluminum wheels, golden spokes, chrome plated nuts and bolts, higher handle bars, special Custom Candy Brown paint, and special pin striping. Even the standard tool kit was changed and included chrome plated tools of high quality enclosed in a leather sectioned pouch. The blades of the ignition keys are chrome plated and also could be stored in a leather key pouch.

actually, 2000 went to the US. another ( indeterminate ) number went to Europe, Canada and Australia. not sure where else.
these models had a different tool kit ( the stock one ) and Owners Manual. also no reserve lighting unit. i dont know if the AU models had the leather key fob. the other major
difference of course , is the speedometer is in Kilometres. one other thing i have not been able to verify. the LTD supposedly had a slightly more flared, ( at the bottom) front mudguard.
mine are both the same as the 75.
heres a picture of one of mine, ( i have two ) and the AU/EU owners manual.
LTD... mine.jpg

Attachments

• 1976 LTD Owners Manual  AU and EU Model.jpg
    1976 LTD Owners Manual AU and EU Model.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 187
Sweet, I love learning about these bikes. Hopefully mine will be back from the shop next Saturday and I can post new pics and ride it.

Look twice save a life, motorcycles are everywhere

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140491#p140491:23r26dem said:
Bladequarter » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 pm[/url]":23r26dem]
Yup, already a VOG member

Look twice save a life, motorcycles are everywhere
who are you over there? This Bike is a real nice ride.. I like that it still has all the original stuff. I had to search for mine but now I have all of it except the original tool bag but that's ok..

Latest posts