Radio work Am FM

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesgoldwing

Reaction score
:beg: On a 82 Aspencade. I had the radio checked it works fine in a friend's 83. Cb works in mine but not radio. Radio antena wire from spliter goes nowhere,can't fine were to hook it in, there is nothing lit up in dash panel nethier, and also is there a test to see if radio reciver is working or not?
:thanks:
Pete S

You know, don't bother. The stock stereos have such low power that IMHO they aren't worth fixing. It is much better to buy a $10 to $20 USB/SD card/Aux 12v amp off ebay and plug in an mp3 player, or music loaded sd card, or headphone based radio then it is to fix the stock stereo. You will end up with clearer sound, pay less, and have increased your versatility.

petesgoldwing":13plqxl1 said:
:beg: On a 82 Aspencade. I had the radio checked it works fine in a friend's 83. Cb works in mine but not radio. Radio antena wire from spliter goes nowhere,can't fine were to hook it in, there is nothing lit up in dash panel nethier, and also is there a test to see if radio reciver is working or not?
:thanks:
Pete S
there are free PDF manuals out there that show the complete wiring diagrams,

might get a hold of those and at least have a look at the wiring