Randakks carb kit

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlslick

Reaction score
I ordered a carb kit and manual from Randakks last night for my 82 Aspencade. Just my luck,,,, he is on vacation. I am looking forward to trying one of his kits. I have used just about every other one on the market. I got the carbs off the bike last night and took a peak inside a couple of them. They have quite a bit of crud in them but not as bad as I have seen so I am real happy so far.

Attachments

• 3Ec3Kb3md5I85G65M7caf6cb729902e691d8d.jpg
    3Ec3Kb3md5I85G65M7caf6cb729902e691d8d.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 196
:good: Good choice! I had Pistol Pete's rebuild my carbs using his kit - I could not be happier....now I know that carb problems will never be on my list of things to work on...

The Randakk kit is good and priced well considering you also get the 4 cutoffs and new petcock seals, AND the only place for a new plenum seal, included in his kit.
Often I find a good cleaning without replacing seals will be all that's needed. Longevity of old seals not developing a leak may be a different story so my opinion is if you want it to be trouble free for a long time, replace all the seals.
Like so many things these days, others quality is questionable and I'll only buy from someone I can trust.

How's that for a randakk endorsement?

My PO told me he used Randakks kit for carb rebuild. I hope he is honest and did a good job. A bit worrying as I saw his tappet adjustment (zero gap). But it's been working fine except the low rpm hesitation which went away after a round of SeaFoam in gas tank.

BTW, you got very nice collection of bikes in your garage!

Thanks for the comments on the good choice on the kits. I have heard good things and am anxious to get started on them.

I've bought several kits from him for CX's and GL's. Top of the line and you will get everything you need to do a complete rebuilt including the petcock on the GL's. At this time I wouldn't consider any other kit for these bikes. Another endorsement. :Egyptian: