Rear Brakes

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shierh

Reaction score
Rear Brakes were dragging and wore out the rotor. Bought new EBC Rotor, pads. and new pistions and seals for the caliper. I bead blasted the caliper and painted it copper color, looks cool. I did some further reading on line and found that main reason for dragging rear is the Master so i pulled it and found it to be pretty crudy so am going to give it the same treatment. Not going to replace the line at this time as i am into this project for 300 already so will simply clean it out for now. Anyhow looking forward to perfect rear brakes. Also going to service drive system while its apart.

Pretty simple thus far. Though to do a proper job all corrosion must be removed. Bead blaster does this perfectly. I paint parts with zinc chromate primer and then top coat.

Make sure the return orfice in the reservior is clear as that could be the cause of the brake dragging in the first place. If that tiny hole is clogged, fluid cannot get out of the caliper and the brake just stays applied.

Glass bead cleaned cyl honed primed with zinc chromate and top coated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 170
Cant stand taking something off and not making it look and work like new even if the rest of the thing looks a little crudy. Friend has glass bead booth at his house so I use it all the time.

Friend has a real man cave. Has cutters, torches, sandblast equipment. glass bead booth, multiple welders etc. He is pretty good with a welder for an amature. Did my exhaust restoration there as well. Buy him welding gas and sand for the sand blaster etc and all is good.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=129006#p129006:dveo62co said:
shierh » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:43 am[/url]":dveo62co]
Friend has a real man cave. Has cutters, torches, sandblast equipment. glass bead booth, multiple welders etc. He is pretty good with a welder for an amature. Did my exhaust restoration there as well. Buy him welding gas and sand for the sand blaster etc and all is good.
:salute: Nice job on the MC as well :good: