Rear Caliper rubber gasket

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I sent my rear caliper out for PC and it came back minus the little rubber gasket that goes between the two halves.
This part is NOS and is pretty much unobtainium. Well I researched what kind of rubber is compatible with brake fluid and it turns out that EDPM will work just fine.
I bought a 1' square sheet of 3/16" material for about $8 bucks. Now I had to figure out how to cut it. Turns out the diameter is just under 1/2" with a center hole of about 1/8".
Turns out HF has a 9 piece hollow gasket punch kit that has 1/32" all the way up to 1/2" for $8 bucks. So, looks like I have $16 bucks invested in my gasket, if anyone wants a new one send me an email with your home address and I'll send you one free. I figure I can make about 300 of them with the stock I have.

Guess that cat is skinnned. :whip:

All the best

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109918#p109918:3r601onn said:
NewWinger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:21 pm[/url]":3r601onn]
Hi,

I sent my rear caliper out for PC and it came back minus the little rubber gasket that goes between the two halves.
This part is NOS and is pretty much unobtainium. Well I researched what kind of rubber is compatible with brake fluid and it turns out that EDPM will work just fine.
I bought a 1' square sheet of 3/16" material for about $8 bucks. Now I had to figure out how to cut it. Turns out the diameter is just under 1/2" with a center hole of about 1/8".
Turns out HF has a 9 piece hollow gasket punch kit that has 1/32" all the way up to 1/2" for $8 bucks. So, looks like I have $16 bucks invested in my gasket, if anyone wants a new one send me an email with your home address and I'll send you one free. I figure I can make about 300 of them with the stock I have.

Guess that cat is skinnned. :whip:

All the best

I had the same issue with my 78 and ended up ordering the last two I could find in the world from the UK. I only used one.

I know that Randakk was in the process of having some made and will be carrying them on his site at some point, he may even have them now. In Nov, he had said 10 weeks.

https://www.randakks.com/

They measure approx. 14.1mm OD x 8mm ID x 2.8mm thick